Promises

After a Month

Seokjin

After they got me out of Namjoon's unit a month ago, I was confined in a hospital for 2 days to have me thoroughly checked. Jungkook was so worried about me and our baby that he wanted to make sure nothing bad happened.

My wound got some stitches and was fine. It stings a lot but it's okay. What's important is that, my baby is safe. I just need to come back after a week for a check up and eventually, when it dries, have the stitches removed.

Namjoon got arrested and was put to jail. His mother talked to me and ask for an apology in behalf of his son. I learned that his son has some personal issues, he is an attention seeker and depressed. Perhaps, the reason why his actions was warped by my obvious disinterest at him. But it doesn't mean that he is forgiven. He has to pay for whatever he did to me. Jungkook provided me the best lawyer to handle the case.

Mr. and Mrs. Jeon were already aware of what happened to Jungkook's marriage. Hae told me that Mrs. Jeon was happy that Jimin was finally out or her house. Mr. Jeon on the other hand was very disappointed and wanted to expedite the divorce procedure which Jungkook said will last for 6 months or more.

He already informed his parents about my pregnancy. They were both disappointed at first as Jungkook is still considered legally married. And they were disappointed at me for allowing such things to happen. But eventually, especially Jungkook's mom, she surprised me one day when she bought loads of baby stuffs. I think its a sign that she has forgiven me. She even gave me some books about pregnancy and shop loose clothing for me as she was informed that I lost all my things that fateful night.

I decided to continue studying as well while my stomach is not yet obvious. Jungkook didn't like the idea at first but I insist so he let me. Besides, it's not a bad idea as the semestral will end in 3 months.

I and Jungkook never really talk about us after the incident. He visits rarely in our house. The only time I got to be with him is when he needs to bring me to an obstetrician for my pregnancy check up. My stomach is going 2 months.

The atmosphere inside the car on the way to the clinic and back home was very awkward. Nobody dared to talk.

I  started to worry. Yes, worry. I'm worried if he still loves me, like what he said before or if he's just doing this because of the baby alone. He's treating me cold. He's not talking to me and it seems so hard for him to look at me in the eye. Perhaps, I rejected him for so long that he already fell out of love. And it hurts.

"Thank you for accompanying me to the doctor." I said smiling, when we reached home.

His smile was weak. I can see the uneasiness on his face. It surprised me when he walks towards me to hug me. It's been a while. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close. The other on the back of my neck that made me lean my face on his shoulder.

"Jin I'm sorry if it seems like I'm neglecting you. It is never my intention. You just don't know how much I wanted to kiss you and to feel you everyday. But I want to make everything right this time. I don't want us commit the same mistake again. I'm still legally married and it's not fair to you. I'm sorry if I am emotionally beating you."

"I promise you, I will do everything just to prove how much you mean to me. I will face you once I am officially out of wedlock. You don't deserve a married man Jin. You are so precious. You deserve a better man. Once I straight everything up, I promise I will be that better person you deserve to have."

His words made me tear up. I think that's all I needed to hear. I sunk into the warmth of his embrace. His words made me feel safe. All my anxiousness disappeared. His warm hug soothed me more than what I anticipated to feel. And somehow, his words made my future seemed a little less grim and uncertain.