103

The next morning came around quickly. It seemed like I had only been asleep for a couple hours though. My mind was still occupied on the recent events that occurred just last night between me and Jayon.

Of course I was still affected by the things that happened between me, my Dad AND Jayon but, me and Jayon's situation just hit differently. Probably because he was leaving in less than 48 hours and we weren't even on actual good terms. I don't know how shit could have gotten like this between us but it was eating my insides.

I pushed my alarm off of my head stand, groaning as I pulled myself out of bed. The last thing I wanted to do was go to school today but I knew I had too. I couldn't afford to miss any more days if I was serious on wanting to be a successful junior.

I opened the door to see my brother Deon peaking in our mother's room. He had been slowly opening her door.

"What are you doing?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Trying to see if Dad is here. You know after you guys' argument he left, just tryna' see if he came back,"

"Mmm," I say. I didn't care whether he was in that room or not. As long as he didn't say anything to me I was good.

"It's weird how you guys aren't getting along. 3 years ago neither of you would have dreamt of fighting with each other,"

"Maybe he shouldn't have left in the first place. He'd be use to my behavior by now,"

"I don't think any parent would be use to your behavior Dj," Deon grins.

"What's that suppose to mean? I'm a good child,"

"You were a good child. You're not the same and haven't been the same since you met Jayon," he tells me.

"That's a lie," I say.

"It's the truth. I'm glad he's leaving, maybe you'll get your priorities back in order,"

"Deon shut the hell up," I snap. "Who are you to say that? You're talking like you don't like him or something when he's been nothing but good to you,"

He smacks his lips.

"I'm getting ready for school," I say, slamming my door. He had no reason to bad mouth Jayon the way he just did. It was bad enough I was having problems with him I didn't need any more negativity thrown on his name from any one in this house.

***

*Jayon's POV*

I don't know why I expected a phone call from Dj. I knew better to know she wasn't about to call me under these circumstances. If we were gonna have a final conversation it was gonna have to start from me.

But it always started from me. She never made the effort to show up to my house unannounced nor had she made the effort to battle with my mother over me. She wasn't fighting for me as hard as I was fighting for her, and she wasn't going too. She was stuck in her ways but now was the time for her to come out of that shit. If she loved me like she said she did, she would stop me from going despite what I had to say about it.

That just wasn't in her though.

"Jayon help me put some of this stuff in the U-Haul," My mom's voice brought me from my thoughts. I looked at her and nodded, making my way down the stairs. Most of our house had been packed already. The only things that were left out were furniture and TV's.