Chapter Six-Secrets Are Revealed

Olivia was humming in the back seat, rocking out to the music playfully. She wasn't very fazed by the guy's message, but I was. I felt sick to my stomach, I was shaking, I was sweating, my hands were squeezed so hard on the wheel that my knuckles were white. And Dani kept looking around to see if anything was happening.

"Maybe we should roll down a window to try and hear the lake," Olivia suggested after the song was over. I sighed and looked towards the window. I knew that was going to bring us a whole lot of trouble, but I still allowed Danielle to roll down the window, and listen closely.

"Shut the music off," she whispered. I quickly turned it off.

"Aww, that was the only thing keeping me together--" Olivia whined in fear.

"Shhh! I'm listening...I think I hear it...I do! I hear it!" She said happily. "Come on," she jumped out of the car confidently, and me and Olivia fearfully jumped out after her, after I turned off the engine and rolled the windows up. 

"Should we head towards it? I think it's coming from that way," Olivia pointed North. Dani looked at me expectantly.

"Ask her. She has the brains here," she said. I sighed and looked around. No one was around. It was silent except for the crickets. Nothing was happening. I wanted to just scoff, forget all about our little adventure up here, and leave. But everything in my body said that something was going on, and I should start heading to the lake before it's too late. Everything inside of me.

I opened my mouth to say lets go, when guns started going off all around us, barely missing us. Olivia screamed and crouched down, and me and Dani ducked onto the ground. Olivia followed our moves quickly, but I knew laying on the ground with all the bugs and mud wouldn't help us, and we would eventually get hit. I jumped up and sprinted behind a tree quickly, panting, as the other girls followed. 

"We have to go to the lake!" Olivia screamed over the noise. "We're not safe sitting here like lost puppies, we will be safer running. Come on!" She took a chance, not thinking, just going, and bolted from behind the tree, and started running towards the lake sound we used to be able to hear. Dani took one last You got this look, and quickly followed Olivia. Dear God, please help me... I silently, miserably, prayed.

I ducked my head, silently thinking about the risk I was about to take. I was breathing quietly, only quick, shallow breaths came out. I looked around, making sure the man wasn't in sight--and jumped from behind the big tree and started making a run for it. I refused to use my powers, because I remember the last time I tried to protect myself with them... The bullets flew around me, so close to me I knew it was just a matter of time before it hit me. I zigzagged desperately, panting, with tears rolling down my eyes. 

I could see the lake, but neither of the girls were there anymore. I was almost there, and I could hear people following me, trying to shoot me and get me down. I got to the edge of the lake, and then I was at a dead end. I whirled around in horror, seeing that they were almost to me, cocking their guns. I gulped as tears streamed down my eyes. Where the hell is he? I thought in fear. He told me he'd be here! Where was Olivia and Dani?

A gun was raised to me, pointing directly at me as they kept gaining. I closed my eyes. Shit, this is it. I'm going to die because I stupidly trusted a stranger to save me. Oh, God, will it hurt?

And then suddenly the trigger was pulled, I heard a loud gunshot, and the bullet went directly into my stomach. I was so shocked at first all I did was whimper, and then I realized how much agony I was really in. As I held my wound, and fell to my knees, I saw my blood staining my hands. I started becoming dizzy, and all the men that were now in front of me now had twins. But suddenly, before they could get any closer, the guy appeared next to me. All in black, like always. Hood included. To hell with the man. I thought bitterly, as I saw him wrap his arms around me and then suddenly the scene in front of me whooshed, and I was facing a whole lot of worried teens, including Dani and Olivia, who were perfectly fine. And that's when I blacked out.