The Uninvited Guest

Aesthetic

break

/brāk/

verb

separate or cause to separate into pieces as a result of a blow, shock, or strain.

1.

"the rope broke with a loud snap"

Ezio

Ezio

               People who say counting sheep or even counting backward can help you fall asleep are liars. I've been tossing and turning the whole night, my mind getting swarmed with images of what I had done to Leah, my heartstrings getting tugged painfully with every scene. I hate myself more than she does me.

My mind and heart are constantly at war, I want to protect her, to love her with all my being, to whisper sweet nothings into her ear and hold her while she sleeps but my mind doesn't want anything to do with that, it wants power, to control her and make her beg for mercy.

If I knew I would be her nightmare, I would have just quit my job and moved somewhere else, but something about her made me want to talk to her, to be close... the girl at the bar and the girl that was sitting in my class were two totally different people and I liked it.

When I tried speaking to her, to hear her angelic voice— she refused to speak. I felt a spark flare within me but as soon as it appeared, it vanished, I realized I made her go into shock, she was shaking so much it made me feel remorseful, I shouldn't have done what I did but I just... couldn't control myself, something else took over and all I could do was sit back and watch the scene unfold before me, even though it hurt me so much to watch, there was nothing I could do.