•12•

"So, what's the plan, Isa?" Elijah asked me. We were all gathered at the Cullen house, my family and the Cullen family. I was standing near the fireplace with Rosalie standing closely next to me. I'm pretty sure she was afraid I'd change my mind and run like I had originally planned. She had a rather tight grip on my hand, and thought it hurt a bit, I was in no way going to stop her from trying to keep ahold of me.

I sighed at my brother's question as I ran my free hand through my hair. I had a plan. It was a plan probably no one in this room was going to approve of. But it was the best I had. It was a plan to keep my family safe. I didn't want anyone to get hurt if I was able to do something about it.

"When Klaus arrives, I am going to meet him by myself," I finally stated.

"What?! No!" Jasper jumped to his feet at my declaration.

"You can't," Rosalie said as she pulled her hand from mine to glare at me.

"That is an incredibly bad idea, Isabella," Elijah stated firmly. The others all gave their disapproval of my plan as well, and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"You told us that Klaus was ruthless. That he would hurt even his own family to get what he wants. Why the hell would you meet him on your own?" Rosalie questioned, crossing her arms against her chest.

I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair once more, giving a shake of my head, "To keep you all safe. If I could meet him on my own, on his terms, then maybe I can convince him to just let this all go. To leave and never return. If I could make him see how much pain it would cause me to aid him, then maybe he will turn away and leave me, leave us alone."

"You've been trying that for centuries, Isa," Rebekah said as she looked at me with narrowed eyes, "Our brother is a stubborn as a mule. You know as well as I do that this plan of yours will never work."

"I have to try," I said firmly as I glanced around at my family, "I don't want to have to fight Klaus. He is our brother. I do not want any harm to come to him, even by my own hand. If, and only if he doesn't heed my warnings will I fight him."

"This isn't your brightest idea, Isabella," Carlisle said calmly. He was the only one of the family to remain calm in this situation, and it helped me to feel a bit more confident in my choice. Even if he was calling it a stupid one.

"It's what I've decided," I said firmly, "I want all of your support in this, but if you cannot give it then I understand. Either way, I am doing this."

It was silent amongst everyone for a moment, and I waited on baited breath for a reaction from someone, anyone. Finally, Edward spoke up, "I will support your decision, Bella," he said, "If it were one of my siblings, I wouldn't want to fight them either."

"Thank you, Edward," I said, and I flashed the mind reader a small grateful smile. He just gave me a single nod of his head.

"Jasper and I will support your decision too, Bella! But if that brother of yours steps out of line even once then you best be sure we will kick his sorry ass," Alice grinned at me, and I gave the pixie a small smile of my ow.

"Well hell, since Eddie's in, I'm in," Emmett offered a shrug of his shoulders and a wink, "Besides, if this all goes south I could totally say I told ya so. I've never gotten to say that before."

I laughed at Emmett's words, and offered him a grin. He just grinned right back at me.

"This is your choice, Isabella. I will support your decision," Carlisle said warmly, and I smiled as I approached the blond patriarch. I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a tight hug.

"Thank you, Carlisle."

He chuckled as he patted my back, "Anytime, Bella."

I turned to look at my brother and sister, both of whom looked at me with narrowed eyes. Rebekah huffed as she rolled her eyes at me, "I just want to point out that this is an incredibly stupid idea."

"Duly noted," I said, a slight smirk forming on my face at my sister's words.

"But you are right. Klaus is our brother and it wouldn't feel right fighting him. So if you could convince him to give up on his even more moronic quest for power, then I will support you."

"Thanks, Bek," I said as I approached my sister. She just rolled her eyes as she pulled me into a hug.

"But if he daggers you or finds a way to kill you, I'm taking your motorcycle," she said simply. I laughed as I pulled away from her, shoving her away from me.

"You're a pain in the ass, Rebekah Mikaelson."

"I know," Rebekah smirked at me, and I rolled my eyes once more before looking at Elijah. I lifted a single eyebrow waiting for his response.

He sighed, "You know I always believe that family comes first. If Klaus can be helped, then I think you are right and we should try to help him," Elijah said simply. I gave him a nod of my head, and he flashed me a small smile. I turned to look at Rosalie. The only one who wasn't speaking. She was instead glaring at me as if I were the one thing she hated most in this life.

"Rose-," I started, but she shook her head as she looked at me.

"If this is what you want, then who am I to stop you?" She let out a low growl as she took a step away from me, "It's not like I'm your mate. It's not like this shouldn't have been a conversation we had together before you decided to sign your own death warrant. It's not like I matter."

"Of course you matter, Rosalie," I stated firmly, "I am doing this for you. Don't you remember? I told you I'd take on my brother for you. Well this is for you, for us. If I could convince him to leave me alone, then you and I could be happy free of fear. Isn't that what you want?"

Rosalie was silent as she stared at me, her eyes filling with venom tears and her glare softening as she wrapped her arms around herself, "What if he doesn't listen? What if hurts you? You'll be on your own...I-I can't lose you, Bella," she whimpered. I let out a sigh as I approached my mate slowly. I took her hand in my own and I pulled her close to me.

"I'm not going anywhere, Rose. I'm going to end this. My brother will no longer have ahold of my life. I will come back to you, I promise," I said as I wrapped an arm around Rosalie's waist.

"If you end up getting hurt, I swear to you I will find that white oak stake and kill you myself," Rosalie growled, and I flashed a slight grin. There was my ruthless little mate.

"Don't worry, love. I'm too badass to go down without a fight."