•10•

It's been a week and half since Rosalie and I came to understanding about our relationship. We spent that entire time together, trying to get to know one another. I learned about her past, her human life. She has yet to tell me how she was turned, but she did tell me much about her childhood and such. I didn't push her to tell me about what led to her transformation because I figured she would tell me in her own time.

I did, however, learn more about the other Cullens and what led to their transformations. I felt terrible after hearing about Esme's life and what led to her transformation. I spent an entire day wondering how someone could hurt such a kind and warm hearted woman.

Jasper's transformation story intrigued me because I could tell that he grew from the person he used to be and into a better person. Emmett's story amused me because it seemed so much like that bear of a man to try to tangle with a bear and lose. Edward's story was interesting, especially to learn what he had gone through after his transformation and his rebellious stage.

Alice didn't know anything about her past or what led to her transformation, and so I promised her that I would find answers for her. I had been around long enough to make friends in high places, and I immediately began to make calls to learn more about the little pixie's past.

Carlisle's story was what interested me the most. To hear how strong his self control was, and to hear how he tried so hard to not become the monster he was turned into. It gave me hope. Hope that despite what I was, despite who my family was, I had a chance to be something more.

Damon seemed to get along well with the Cullens, especially Emmett. I could tell that he saw Emmett as a little brother type of figure. He spent a lot of time playing games with the young vampire and getting to know him. They wrestled and fought and just had a grand old time with one another.

Currently, I was outside the Cullen house with Rosalie watching as Damon and Emmett wrestled with one another. Neither of them really seemed to be getting the upper hand on the other and it was rather amusing to see them both growing frustrated with one another.

Rosalie was holding onto my hand, our fingers laced together and her head leaning against my shoulder. Emmett tossed Damon across the yard and into a tree, and that was when I caught it. The familiar scent of my brother and sister.

I was on my feet in an instant, releasing Rosalie's hand just in time to catch Rebekah as she launched herself into my arms.

"Isa!" She cried as she clung onto me tightly. I laughed softly as I wrapped my arms around her waist, holding onto her.

"Hello, Little Sister," I said as I kissed the side of her head. I looked up to see Elijah emerging from the trees, dressed in a perfectly tailored suit as usual. He approached us with one hand in the pocket of his pants and a small smile on his face. I returned his smile with one of my own and a nod of my head as I slowly let Rebekah go, "Eli."

"Isa," he said before he moved towards me with his speed and wrapped his arms around me. I returned his hug, burying my face in his neck, "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," I said as I slowly pulled out of his embrace.

"What about me? I've kept her safe for an entire week, no one's missed me?" Damon huffed as he approached my family and I. Rebekah and I rolled our eyes in unison.

Elijah chuckled as he held his hand out to Damon, "Thank you, Damon. I appreciate you protecting my sister," he said as he and Damon grasped forearms.

"I can take of myself thank you very much. And nothing even happened," I rolled my eyes once again, crossing my arms against my chest.

"Because I was here," Damon smirked and I rolled my eyes once again. I felt a hand on my arm and I turned to look at Rosalie. She lifted a silent eyebrow and I flashed her a small grin before looking at my siblings.

"Who is this?" Elijah asked, tilting his head to the side curiously.

"This is my...mate?" I looked at Rosalie and she gave me a nod of her head before I turned to look at Elijah and Rebekah once again, "Rosalie. A vampire like us, but different. It's complicated, but her and her family are indeed vampires. They were made differently from us."

"I see," Elijah gave a nod of his head before he looked at Rosalie, "A pleasure. I am glad to see that our Isabella has found at a little bit of happiness," he flashed her a warm smile.

"She's made me just as happy," Rosalie smiled softly as she looked at me before looking at Elijah. Elijah gave a single nod of his while Rebekah punched me in the arm.

"Ow! What the hell, Bek?!" I growled at my little sister. She huffed and rolled her eyes.

"You never told me you had a girlfriend! I feel betrayed," she crossed her arms against her chest, a glare evident on her face.

"You never told me about the years you and Marcel spent together! Call it even," I rolled my eyes.

"You and Marcel?" Elijah looked at our little sister with a single lifted eyebrow. Rebekah rolled her eyes, "Klaus's Marcel?"

"It was a long time ago. It ended, it's done. This is not about me right now."

"That's a first," Damon snorted and Rebekah growled at him, "Oh bite me, Blondie, you don't scare me," Damon rolled his eyes. She growled again, this time showing her vampire face and baring her fangs, "Okay, I take it back."

"Holy shit, that's wicked," Emmett shouted as he stared at Rebekah with wide eyes, "Do it again!"

Rebekah's brows furrowed in confusion and she looked at me with a lifted eyebrow. I offered a shrug of my shoulders, "That's Emmett. He thinks anything we do is cool. He's a bit simple-minded. Just humor him."

"Hey!" Emmett shouted in offense.

"Why don't you introduce us to the rest of this lovely family?" Elijah offered, ever the peacemaker as he looked at me.

"Sure why not," I shrugged casually, "But before we do that, you can tell me why you're here so early since you weren't due to arrive for another two weeks."

Rebekah and Elijah exchanged looks with one another before looking back at me, frowns evident on both of their faces. I lifted an eyebrow silently waiting for either of them to speak.

"Niklaus has a witch on his side," Rebekah began.

"He knows where you are," Elijah continued, his frown deepening as he looked at me, "He's planning on coming here and daggering you."

"Oh," I said simply, "Great."