11 | close and closer

Foreign and domestic guests continued pouring in Castle

Foreign and domestic guests continued pouring in Castle. The golden floor and shimmering ceiling screamed luxury to anyone who entered. It was the top hotel in New York known for its opulent furniture and a variety of rare alcoholic drinks. So when people get in, they're probably shitting money.

Callista Genovese trailed after a group of tourists. She had asked Mallorie for information about her boss which was none other than the archangel, Franco Castellano. Her promise to Delilah to invite him over dinner gave her this trouble. Initially, Callista desired to ask the guy by text but she was certain he would blow her off. Inviting him in person seemed to be the safest way.

She saw him talking to a man in a pristine gray suit. He looked every bit a businessman. On the other hand, Franco had a casual attire. He had an off-white Givenchy jumper and white pants. He looked immaculate that Callista gritted her teeth in anger. White was the man's color but it didn't fit his personality at all.

Callista strode to them, her black Louboutins clicking against the marble. She wore her Balmain cropped turtleneck sweater. The pink cashmere sweater blended well with her black designer skinny jeans. She had her large hoop earrings, her raven locks in a high ponytail. Her outfit blended with the others, not too simple but not exaggerated either.

"Hello!" She greeted with an enormous smile.

Franco's icy-blue eyes faltered, vexation flickering over his handsome face. He pushed back his golden hair, lips curling into a wide smile. "It's nice seeing you here, Miss Genovese."

"Likewise," Callista replied. She swiveled to the other man who appeared rattled at the sudden switch of the conversation. "Hi!"

"This is Callista Genovese. They own Starix." Franco gestured to the girl. He nodded to the older man. "This is Mr. Salem Khan. One of our potential investors."

Mr. Khan adjusted his round glasses, scrutinizing the girl. He held out his hand. "Ah, I've heard about you."

Caly accepted his handshake. "I apologize for interrupting your conversation. I didn't want to lose the opportunity to invite Franco to dinner. I haven't seen him lately."

Franco sent a poisonous glower towards the girl. His jaw was twitching yet Caly's crimson lips only stretched wider. Callista knew he wouldn't be able to refuse in front of an audience.

"Of course, Miss. It's my pleasure." Franco shoved his hands inside his pockets, hiding the evidence of his wrath.

"Well, I better leave you two to talk." He had a genial smile as his small eyes flitted between the young ones. Khan tapped Franco's shoulder. "It was nice talking to you, Mr. Castellano. But you have a beautiful girl waiting for you. We will talk again."

Caly frowned at Khan's insinuation. She bit her bottom lip and followed the older man to the exit, praying that Franco didn't catch on. But he did. Strong fingers seized her arm, hauling her back.