Chapter 18: The leader of the careers

ALL RIGHTS TO SUZANNE COLLINS!!! 😝😝😝

Katniss' POV:

I move one step closer to the guy with the icy blue eyes, suddenly forgetting all of my anger and hatred towards him. I tend my hand, trying to touch all of the bruised places on his chest. But he quickly backs away and removes his shirt from his wound and rapidly puts it back on. He curses under his breath and then turns around, his back facing me.

He seems to think of something, but then hesitates and turns back to me. All of my anger had disappeared and now I was giving the blond boy in front of my curious looks. That doesn't mean I've forgiven him or forgotten about his actions. Oh hell no I haven't. I will have my revenge on him later. But right now, I'm too curious to be angry. 

"Yesterday?" he picks up the conversation from where we left, asking the same question. 

"Your-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"Yesterday?" he hisses dangerously and I quickly understand I shouldn't push the topic further. 

I shake my head and continue talking to the brutal killer in front of me. I don't even know why I'm talking to him right now. But there's something in him. In his icy blue eyes, that makes me wonder if there's something else underneath his monstrous personality.

"I wasn't thinking. I only acted." I respond not understanding why I was giving so much information to one of my greatest enemies. 

"I mean you were fucking laughing at me!" I snap.

"Yeah well, I wasn't going to, if you didn't miss your target by half a meter!"

"Damn you"

"Love you too" he laughs and I roll my eyes. But he doesn't stop teasing me, of course. 

"I was at least relieved that you weren't as good with a bow as with a shuriken." He may joke about my skills all he wants, but I could've sworn I saw fear in his eyes in the moment that I shot all of my arrows at bullseyes with deadly accuracy. 

"How did you even learn to shoot like that?" he asks innocently. Too innocently. I turn to him, narrowing my eyes trying to figure out his true intentions. I had the feeling of being manipulated and my anger returned. Was he trying to figure out my strengths and weaknesses? Of course he was, he's a murderous career. He's just using me and manipulating me right now, so that it would be easier for him to kill me in the arena. Did he show me his scars on purpose? So that I can feel pity for him and tell him everything about me, not fearing him? Ugh, why the hell did I even come down here. Everything would've been better if I had just stayed in my damn room.

"I don't owe you any explanations 2." I blurt out and walk back over to the archery station. On my way I pick up my bow. I shoot a few arrows at the bullseyes of the moving targets. But my practice was once again interrupted by the leader of the careers. 

"Bet I can beat you at shooting" he says firmly, deconcentrating me and causing my arrow to lounge in one of the outer rings of my target. I growl.

"What do you want now?" I turn to him annoyed.

"A small competition" he smirks. "If I beat you, you will meet me on the roof tonight." he smiles slightly.

"And if you don't?" I ask.

"I will meet you on the roof tonight." he laughs.

"Hmm check your prices again, I'm not interested." I reply shooting another one of my arrows at the center of the target.