The Back Story

Berlin, 2nd January 2017

Mr. Cuttings arrived at the top of his news channel’s building. He got from the helicopter and his secretary greeted him. He asked her, “Is everyone there today?”-“No sir, some employs are yet to come.” Without stopping his walk he told her, “Ask them to leave?” his secretary gathered up courage and said, “But sir…” Cuttings interrupted, “Do you want to leave?” The lady quietly followed the instructions.

He sat on the chair in his office and then his phone rang. “Sir they have come to Berlin.” Mr. Cuttings smiled.
Berlin, 3rd January 2017
11:30 pm
The three of them were staying in a hotel; Morgan and Stephen were staying in one room and Diana in another. They had gathered for dinner. They discussed their plan. “Lets hope all the things go according to plan” Morgan said as everyone left the table. Diana and her uncle went to their respective rooms. Stephen went to a phone booth on one of streets nearby. He put a coin inside then dialled a number. He put his other hand in his jacket’s pocket, it was cold there. The person he had called to picked up the call, it was his five year old only son. He spoke in a very cheerful voice, “Hello dear, how are you?”-“I’m fine daddy. When will you come home? You promised me you will be back soon and you will get me big chocolates.”-“Don’t worry dear. I will get them. I am coming back tomorrow, alright. Okay Peter let me talk to granny now, come on. Give her the phone.” His mother spoke, “Dear come back home as soon as possible. Please, I can’t do this to my grandchild. I can’t lie any more…I can’t.”-“Yes I know that, I’m coming home tomorrow.” After speaking for awhile he said, “Okay, the phone may get cut anytime now. Bye.” Before his mother could say bye, the call’s time was up. He started walking towards the hotel. Tears slowly filled his eyes as Stephen remembered the events that had changed his life.
His family was in Amsterdam. He used to be street fighter and then he would steal for money, his mother never knew that. Then he met a lady who changed his life. He then for her sake left all the bad habits and then they got married and he started his decent life. Once he and his beautiful wife had business conferences and luckily both on same dates that too in Prague. They couldn’t take their son with them. On 28th December 2016 their conferences were starting and were ending after three days, so they had decided to go back home before the New Year and celebrate it with their family.
His wife was working for Mr. Drake, she was an employ in one of his companies. During the second day of her conference, out of the blues, Mr. Cuttings came in the office he had some work with Drake. He also was a spoilt wealthy person. While going out Cuttings saw Stephen’s wife, he couldn’t stop staring at her. That night he called Drake and said, “My friend, already you are supplying me girls, can you do me another favour?” Drake did not say no because, he was getting more money than expected. Next day after the conference Stephen and his wife were walking on the street. A group of people quietly followed them and then banged a metal rod on Stephen’s head. Then they injected his wife with some drug and then kidnapped her. Stephen got up after few hours and found that his wife was missing! He searched everywhere in the city for her, he didn’t find her.
That night he searched on the beach. He found a woman lying on the sand. No one was there around. He checked that woman’s face, it was his wife! He lost his balance and fell on his knees. The body was covered in a white bed sheet and there were scars all over her body. Stephen’s world was torn into pieces. He started shouting and crying there itself. No one was there around. He sat next to her body the whole night on the beach. He didn’t move from there till he saw a van come next to the beach. He looked at the vehicle, the driver was clicking the body’s and Stephen’s photo. Stephen felt he had found the person behind all this. He quickly started chasing the car. The driver immediately tried to start the car, but something was wrong in the car. It didn’t start on time. Stephen caught the driver and then he got to know that Mr. Drake had sent him. He opened the back door of the van, he found his wife’s cloth. His face became ferocious. 
With the driver’s help Stephen found a way to get to Drake’s office. A person who worked with his wife told him about the second day of the conference. He secretly got in Drake’s office. He searched the whole place and found some papers there. It was the list with all the names and how much supply of what was mentioned there. He slowly checked all the papers and then he understood the whole story.  Vengeance had consumed him. The demon inside him was now unlocked. Stephen thought killing these people was the only way to finish this matter. Based on his knowledge about what had happened he had three main targets: Mr. Cuttings, Mr. Drake and Dr. Steve. He was planning to take down Cuttings first but he had left for Berlin. Mr. Drake’s New Year party was the reason why he did not go to Berlin. In that party he went in a waiter’s disguise and saw Diana there and then after killing the doctor he saw Diana again there. She was being chased by cops.
Stephen reached his hotel. He was going to his room when he saw Diana’s room’s door was open.
He saw that she was writing a something on a piece of paper. He knocked at the door, “Can I?”“Sure”, she said she after folded the paper and then kept it aside. He said as he observed her room, “So…can’t sleep?”-“Yeah, actually I was writing a letter.”- “Letter? Seriously can’t you just call whoever it is?”-“You know, it is actually some kind of ‘highly confidential’.”-“Oh I see. Scared of phone recordings?”-“Yep.” Diana took her coat that was filled with brown fur. She said as she put the letter and a small package in her pocket, “There is bar at the terrace. Want to join me there?” Stephen thought for awhile and then said, “No… you go ahead I’ll go to sleep. Got a big day tomorrow.” She agreed with him and then both went to their respective places.
Diana went on the terrace. The wind was blowing fast up there. Only handfuls were present at the bar. She told the bar tender to give her some drink. She got her drink served in a round medium glass. She drank it, then ordered more. She drank it, then again ordered more. This time she took her glass and sat on the edge of the terrace. Her hair moved with the wind. She took one sip and kept the glass beside her. Her eyes had turned red. She closed her eyes as she recollected all her memories.
Diana was small when her mother past away. Only her father and uncle were left to complete her family. Her uncle and father were arms dealer. Once her father got a very huge and profitable deal from Mr. Cuttings. It was his responsibility to make sure they have a license and all the necessary details for completing the deal. So he went to Cutting to check and he asked her uncle to take care of her. He was called at the warehouse in Prague. He went there and he found many wrong things going on. He thought of informing the police, but Drake had seen him there. The three people, Drake and Steve and Cuttings, were present there in the warehouse. They stopped him from going to the police, they even were ready to pay him extra but he refused. Then they had no choice but to kill him. Dr. Steve was the first one to shoot him and then the remaining contributed. They threw his body on the beach assuming that he was dead, but he was not. He managed to call and tell his brother all the things and then finally he died.
Diana was a small girl that time. But she understood everything. Since then she and her uncle are behind these people’s lives. Every morning her uncle used to teach her to fight. She had only one goal in life since then: to avenge her father’s death. Her uncle and she were successful in taking down Drake. Stephen had made their work easier by throwing the doctor out of the window.
Some wine was left in Diana’s glass, she finished it off. She looked down and saw a man with a conical hat. He looked up at Diana, she waved him. That man got in the building. Diana got up from the edge and then started going down to her room. She was a bit drunk but she could manage herself. She met that man and handed him over the letter and the small package. She asked him, “Whose letter it is?”-“Robert, Commissioner Robert.”-“Now go and give him as soon as possible.” The delivery man went to do his job and Diana fell asleep.