4

Kiana

Its 5 am in the morning, I've showered, dressed and I'm sliently eating my breakfast like nothing happened.

But, if course I'm joined by Brian. "You dreamt about your parents again didn't you?"

I silently eat my cereal, not even answering his question.

"When was the last time you dreamt about them?" He asks again.

I sigh. "6 months." I whisper, still staring at my cereal.

"I remember the day I found you. You were 12 years old."

I stay quiet.

"You were in a dark alley. You were in a corner covered in just your sundress, shivering due to the harsh night weather."

"You saw me approaching and the look on your face just broke my heart, Kiana. And last night, I saw that girl again, scared, shivering and wouldn't let anyone near her."

"I'm okay if that's what you asking." I say, standing up I place my bowl in the sink.

"Are you really? Kiana, I want you to be able to talk to me. I'm your father and I don't like seeing you suffer like this."

My hands on the sink, I close my eyes and deeply breathe in.

"What do you want to know."

"What you dreamt about." He says.

"The same thing. The only thing I remember of my parents. My mother."

"We looking for her. If there is any new detail you could remember maybe we could even find her quicker."

Fed up with the conversation, "Well too bad I don't remember." I say, grabbing my luggage I walk out the door.

●●●

An hour later I find myself seated in one of Brian's private jets.

Fastening the seatbelt one of hostess approaches me. "I see you have fastened your seatbelt so please sit back and relax the 12 hour ride. In the meantime is there anything I can get you?"

"I'm good for now." I say.

Smiling, she heads back to the kitchen.

I grab my laptop and start logging into the agency.

"What the!? Denied." I whisper. There must be a mistake.

Grabbing my phone I dial Gary.

"Gary, why the hell can't I get any access into the agency?" I ask.

I could hear his short intake of breaths.

"The director told us to lock you out during your two week vacation." He says hastily.

Seething, "Well can you please pass me through to him." I ask.

"I can't do that either." He says, his voice shaky.

"And why the hell not Gary?" I ask, gritting my teeth. If only I was there he wouldn't be spewing out this shit.

"The director said you'd try this, so he locked you out, told us not to pass any of your calls to him and that we shouldn't take any of your calls. So I'm sorry to do this, but bye, Kiana." He says.

"Gary, don't you-" And he hung up the phone.

I sigh.

With nothing else to do I decide to take a nap, try getting last night's sleep back. Maybe, just maybe I'd have different thoughts on this vacation when I wake up.

--------------------

Hey lovies❤😚

I'm finally in week two of my final exams and the pressure is climbing up higher and higher.

So the updates will be slow but I'mma try to update as quick as I can.🤞🤞

But in the mean time, keep those thoughts coming.

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

❤❤❤