Bad days

You're day was horrible. Suffering. Worse than hell. Those words still didn't seem to capture the events that pursued throughout your day.

First, you were late, you had slept in past your alarm and your teacher/ boss hated it! They called out in front of everyone before you could get started.

Then, you had tripped up the stairs on the way to your meeting / next class, dropping your folder, breaking one of the rings in it causing all the papers to fly out of it, making you exceptionally late ( though, you are extremely grateful for the few people who stopped to help you pick them up)

You had also missed lunch because of how busy you were with your work.

Tiredly, you walked into your house, closing the door, slipping off your shoes and dumping the bag that seemed to weigh you down on the coat rack near the door.

Hearing you walk in, your sweet partner of two years appears in your view, their arms opened wide, embracing you in their warmth. By just looking at you, they knew your day was horrible. Their hands gently smoothed the hair off your face as you buried your head into their shoulder,      drowsiness taking over you.

"C'mon baby," their voice greets your ears, in a whisper as they kiss your hair, "Let's go take a bath yea? with that (favorite scented) soap of yours." They say and you feel yourself smile, they remembered that. 

Soon, the bath was full with bubbles and warm water, as you sat between their legs, your back pressed against theirs as they played with your hair, music gently playing in the background, as they sing softly. 

And even though, your day was horrible, and how you had wanted to strangle yourself with that binder of yours, you may just do it again if this was the end result.  Because no matter how bad your day may be, the love of your life will always be behind the door, a smile and opened arms greeting you.

//////////////

i re wrote this one because i hated the original - so enjoy a better version :)

Rosie