Broken | 24

Not sure if I've added this song already but if I haven't then make sure to give it a listen!

———

I spoke to Grayson. Well, I didn't exactly mean to, it just kind of slipped out. Ty and I were watching the football boys practice because, like, why the hell not?

It was free eye candy, plus it gave us something to do. Well anyways, after practice was over we both raced each other down the bleacher stairs.

And since I was being a dumbass, I forgot about the soda I'd spilled on the steps when we arrived, so I ended up sliding on my ass and rolling down the stairs.

Not my proudest moment, but that was beside the point. It hurt like a bitch, plus, I was pretty sure I'd sprained my wrist. The football team watched the whole thing. Grayson immediately ran over to my aid, being the 'perfect' fucking guy he was...

He helped me up and walked me to the nurse's office, all the while I didn't utter a word to him, even with all his questions.

We eventually made it to the nurse's office and luckily she was still there. Most people had already left school by then. I laid down on the little white cot she had in there, a little afraid that I was gonna break it.

She went to go grab something and Grayson continued with his damn questions, beginning to touch a nerve.

"Can you just shut the fuck up for one minute!?"

Safe to say, that shut him up.

I let out a deep breath and made direct eye contact with him, my gaze was most likely a little frightening. I usually didn't snap like that, I saved that shit for therapy, but that was my last straw with that boy.

"Why'd you do it?" I asked, no further explaining needed. He knew exactly what I was talking about.

He shook his head and let out a small sigh, most likely not wanting to justify his actions. "I don't know," he said in a small voice.

"Yeah, well 'I don't know' isn't exactly gonna cut it with me," I growled, attempting to contain my anger a little better.

"Well, what exactly do you want me to say, Hunter?" He asked, crossing his arms and avoiding my menacing stare.

"I want you to explain to me why you were rolling in bed with my former friend."

"I don't have to explain anything to you!" he yelled, finally making eye contact with me.

"You're right, you don't. But if you ever want to try and 'make up' with me then you better explain your actions, and you better have a better damn excuse than this 'I don't know' shit,"

"You're acting as I cheated on you or something! We weren't even fucking dating!" he yelled, venom present in his tone.

I blinked hard, most likely my body's natural reaction of trying to hold back tears when I felt them coming on.

"You know what, you're right. We weren't dating, so it doesn't make a difference then. This is why I hate catching feelings for fucking douchebags like yourself! I make it painfully obvious that I like you and you go and get with my so-called 'friend'. Sometimes I wish that I would've just fucking stayed with my mom, you know that? I finally think things are gonna get better. I start at a new school, live in a new place, get new friends, everything's gonna change and it's gonna be better. But no, god forbid life gets any better for poor ole Hunter. So I'm sorry for not flat out telling you that I had, no, still have, a crush on you," Grayson's face was of complete and utter shock. "I know, after all this, I still have feelings for you. I don't know what God has against gays, but he just really likes fucking up my life. One good thing happens, and before you know it, everything else turns to shit. So you know what Grayson, it's fine. I'm sorry for getting mad, because guess what, we weren't even dating anyways! So, Grayson, you can go take my little TED-Talk here and shove it up your ass, because you've made it painfully obvious that you don't care,"

On that note, I hopped off of the cot and shouldered past Grayson, heading out of the building. He didn't try and follow me, which I was thankful for. I wanted to be alone.

I walked for a little while, just staring at the ground, deep in thought. I was off in my own world for a while before, just kicking at rocks and cursing under my breath randomly to blow off steam.

Once I was sure that I wasn't gonna take my anger out on someone else I made my way back to the parking lot, fumbling with my keys for a moment before unlocking my car and getting in the driver's seat.

I figured that I should probably have Aunt Tammy call my therapist when I got home, seeing that I couldn't exactly call her if I didn't have my damn phone on me.

I really didn't wanna go home. Thoughts of Grayson were still clouding my head, as much as I hated it. I probably should've been mad at him, knowing myself, but I wasn't. For whatever reason, I blamed myself for what happened.

I hadn't told Grayson that I had feelings for him, so he had no way of knowing that I liked him. So basically, what happened was in no way Grayson's fault, I just twisted it around and made it seem that way.

Great, now I felt like a complete and utter jackass, rightfully so.

Grayson probably hated me, Dylan and I still weren't on speaking terms, and I had no idea where Ty had run off to. At least for the time being, I still had Ty and Hadley, until I snapped at them for something that wasn't even their fault or was out of their control.

Only time would tell how long it would take before I lost my friends with my passive-aggressive behavior.

I really should've paid more attention to my personal development class, we learned a lot about that shit. But no, I didn't pay attention and here I was, acting like a fool and being mad at people for no reason. God, I was such a dumbass.

I made this a no-win deal for Grayson. If I told him my feelings then it would've caused problems for me that I would've blamed on him, but if I didn't tell him my feelings, then he should've known that I had a crush on him.

How would anyone know if someone had a crush on them? God, I seriously questioned myself sometimes.

But what could I say? I guess for me, that was logic at it's finest...

——————————

This chapter is kind of short but yeah, it's not as much filler as the last chapter! Maybe things are finally getting somewhere! If you liked it then make sure to vote and comment! ❤️