XXII

Raziel

I laid next to Lucifer in our large bed, nude as the day I was bor-- ahem --created. My fingers were absentmindedly playing with the dark, curly hair on his chest.

Our bodies were slick with sweat and each other's essence. I felt nasty and I felt the desperate need to shower, but in this moment?

Nay, this moment was too perfect, too sweet to miss for something so minuscule like a shower.

I looked up to his closed eyes, the dark lashes like small wings. His lips with the most perfect cupid's bow, so pink and and full of life.

My own formed into a smile as he gave a slight snore, before falling back into a quiet sleep. I placed my head on his chest, listening to his strong heartbeat.

I let out a small hum, and curled my body against his, which made him grunt and turn onto his side.

He pulled me closer to him, shielding me with his body, almost. I nuzzled my nose into his throat.

"You can't avoid it forever, you know."

He groaned. "I want to, though. This king needs a day off!"

I chuckled. "Every good king servers his citizens. They need you, Lucifer. "

His eyes opened, and smiled stupidly at me. "And what if I want to be a bad king?"

I rolled my eyes. "A bad king doesn't adopt kids with sob stories, and they definitely don't let their subordinates marry them. Go and do your job, you signed up for this, remember?"

He let out a sigh. "Don't sass me, I'm going." He rolled out of the bed. "For sassing me, you don't get to see me dress!" He sauntered into the bathing room.

"Whiner." I muttered, throwing the blanket off of me, and shuffling in my bunny slippers to the bath room.

Someone in the village had politely requested an audience with Lucifer about his hellish lake.

He was a volcanic rock seller, very popular in the village. But lately, said lake hasn't been giving off the stuff.

He spoke to Lucifer about it, who promised a visit as soon as possible--today.

I suppose we'll see how this turns out.