XVI

Lucien sighed, and popped the lemon gum in his mouth. His ears twitched as he watched his father play with that good for nothing whore that caught his attention.
   "Is the kitten angry?" Lucien jumped at the teasing voice of Abbadon,  who came to stand beside him. "I don't like him." Lucien huffed. Abbadon smiled, and roughed up Lucien's hair.
  "You just have a dad complex.  You don't want to see people with him because you think he'll abandon you, like your mother did."
  Lucien stiffened at the spoken truth of his hatred for the angel. "Dont be so surprised!" Abbadon chortled. "What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't at least know that?" Lucien smiled, and turned towards Abbadon. "You got me there." He snuggled into Abbadon.
   Abbadon pet the fluffy ears on Lucien's head, loving the cute purrs that would escape every now and then from the shifter's throat. Lucien's tail would flicker from side to side with joy of pets, though he would never admit it.
   He hated it when people thought his reactions were cute! He was a boy dammit! Boys aren't cute! But, if it was Abbadon, he was okay. He loved Abbadon from the moment he saw him talking to his father as a young boy. They have been together for so long now, it would be strange not to be around each other.
   "Abbadon, " Lucien mumbled in Abbadon's chest. "Let's go back upstairs.  I've had enough of watching dad frolic with dogs." Like most cats, he hated dogs. They were just big, idiotic bullies. All brawn and no brain. Abbadon smiled warmly as a dog woofed at Lucien and Lucien responded with a yowl and hiss.
   That's his kitten. Abbadon thought warmly. Forever and always. His hand gripped the ring box in his front pocket.