Chapter 4 - Paintball

After a few weeks of silence, a text appeared from Zack. "I'll pick you up tomorrow at 10. Dress casually. We're gonna buy your things."

It took me a while to process the message. I did have some groceries to buy but been delaying it for weeks because my friends were all too busy to be my company. Guess he knew it all from my chat.

It's proven that the word privacy never existed in this guy's vocabulary.

"I can go by myself, thank you very much." I replied not so honestly.

"Right. See ya tomorrow." Then he went offline.

I stared at my phone. Not sure whether to be grateful or scared that he knew me as much as I knew myself.

**

I wore a shirt and scarf. At the mall quite far away from the uni, he and I walked together almost all of the time. I was uncomfortable but avoiding myself from complaining because the fact that he brought me out for my own need was good enough.

And he paid for my stuff. I made a mind-note to not accept his offer to go shopping, ever again.

"You hungry?" he asked after we're out of a shop.

"Nah I had my breakfast," I lied.

He let out an unhumourous chuckle. "Like, in your dream?" He raised a brow. "We both know you don't breakfast, Rae. You only brunch. Now, choose." he pointed at the KFC and PizzaHut.

I made a calculation in my brain and chose KFC.

Because my heart would sure as hell wanted pizza. It's my favourite.

He smirked slightly but agreed anyway. We went in and he ordered for us. I noticed he looked at his phone quite often since we arrived at the mall. He paid it one last glanced before finally turned it off and started eating.

"Chatting with the oh so sweetheart?" I asked.

He made a very annoyed face which I chuckled. "It was my friends-"

I faked choke and cough a bit. "Wait, you have friends?"

He closed his eyes as if questioning himself why he was being nice to me since the beginning of the day. My lips played a thin smile, holding a laughter.

"Yeah... and very much luckily, they are actually here when I need them." He replied with that usual half-smile.

Ouch. But I didn't show the burn.

"No human will always be with you when you need them, anyway." I said before taking a bite.

He stayed smiling and drank. "Have you played paintball?" He changed the topic.

I swallowed the food and answered. "Never. Why? Edward dislike paintball so don't even plan for me and him to play paintball together." I warned.

"Of course I know that."

I squinted my eyes. Okay Mr. Stalker.

"Me and my friends, we made a plan to play it after this meal." He took a bite.

"Oh okay." I felt relief. "Wait... with your friends?" I hesitated.

He watched me carefully before swallowing and replied. "It's fine if you don't want to. We can go straight back-"

"No, I mean," I cut him. "You don't have to drive me back and come here again. I can go by myself."

"Not happening." He shook his head and took another bite.

"Fine. I can wait till you finish then we go back together if that's what you want-"

"I only have two friends and we're not going to play 2 vs 1 okay it's either you play along or I cancel the plan," He looked at me dead in the eyes.