Chapter 16

“I still don’t understand why we couldn’t take her to the hospital,” Sam muttered glancing at Amy's form on the double-sized bed.

“It’s none of your business, Sam. Let it go,” Sierra said, shooting him a glare.

Sam felt like screaming in frustration. He did not know so many things about his mate anymore and it seemed like his cousin was bent on refusing to tell him the new things he wanted to learn about Amy.

“Sierra, I know I was horrible in the past but Amy is my mate and I want to know why you don’t want to bring her to the hospital. She fainted, for goddess sake! Why are you being so stubborn?” Sam's voice, that was usually calm, was completely coated with anger as he glared at her.

After staring at him steadily for a few moments, Sierra closed her eyes, almost like she was admitting defeat.

“Fine, I’ll tell you. There are two reasons why Amy can’t go to the hospital. Firstly, since she found out about the accident, she thinks her parents were rushed to the hospital and they passed on there. So, every time she goes to the hospital, she feels like she is reliving their death,” Sierra said, giving a sorrowful glance to Amy.

Sam furrowed his eyebrows. “But there was never an accident, right? That was just a lie you said, wasn’t it? We both know Amy’s parents' didn’t die in a car accident,” he stated, confused.

Sierra nodded. “Our minds are a very funny thing. As long as you have enough fear about something and your imagine is creative, it could conjure up scenes that never existed. Similarly, Amy's mind came up with a scene where her parents died in the hospital. Now, she can’t look at hospitals in the same way,” she confessed, a sad smile on her face.

Sam could not help but appreciate the bond between Sierra and Amy at that moment. Despite being completely different, the both of them treated each other like sisters, their closest companion.

Looking at Sierra glance at Amy as though one of their pain was just as hurtful to the other, Sam was glad his mate found someone like that to rely on over the past few years.

“Okay, psychologist, what is the second reason then?”

Sierra bit her lip. “You know her memory was erased, right?”

Sam narrowed his eyes at her, muttering, “And I am still not happy with that but if it was her own decision, then there is nothing I can do about it."

“Yes, well, if she goes to a human hospital and they do a scan, they will realize that she is not suffering from a normal memory loss since, well, her memories have been removed by magic. And then, there will be the countless tests and all of that done on her and I really don’t want that to happen,” Sierra confessed

He growled. “Then bring her to a werewolf hospital, Sierra! She just fainted for no reason and do you really think that the excuse of not wanting to do a couple of stupid tests will justify why you are not giving her the medical care she needs?”

Sierra opened her mouth to argue, her wolf extremely disliking the tone Sam used before she sensed a shift in the air. “She is waking up.”

Amy's other senses started working before her eyes opened and she had managed to catch the last bits of their conversation. Magic? Werewolf hospital?

What was that even supposed to mean? Either she was still stuck in dreamland or Sierra and Sam had gone completely crazy.

Shrugging the thought off, Amy opened her eyes, relieved to find herself in her own bedroom and not in some horrid hospital room.

Immediately, she was overwhelmed with Sierra and Sam's rapid questions.

“Are you okay?”

“What happened?”

“Why did you faint?”

“Were you not feeling well before?”

“You weren’t feeling well? Why? You should have at least told me!”

The last one came from Sam which made Amy give him a funny look. As much as she liked him, she only knew him for less than a week. Why would she tell him she was sick when she could tell her best friend slash sister instead?

“It was just a headache,” Amy said, brushing the topic off.

Amy did not know if her sister was ready to find out that she was regaining some of her memories back. Judging by her words from before, it was obvious that Sierra was not keen on Amy having to do anything with her lost memories. For now, she just decided to keep that secret to herself, hoping that it would not return to bite her in the back.

Plus, her memories did seem very weird. It was as though it was the scenes from one of her fantasy books. Werewolves, packs, traitors, everything she remembered didn't feel like it was something that happened in a normal human's life. Which is why it sounded even more strange to tell anyone else about it.

“If it’s a headache that makes you faint, then it’s not a normal headache. You need to tell me when you are in pain, you know. You can’t just faint all of a sudden and give everyone a heart attack,” Sierra complained.

Amy winced. “Sorry, sorry. I’ll tell you next time if anything happens, alright?” she said to get Sierra off her back.

Sierra gave her a look that told Amy she clearly didn’t believe her words but didn’t pursue the topic any further.

“You missed dinner since you were out for more than four hours so I’ll just whip something up first,” Sierra said, before glaring at Amy. “Do not even think of leaving that bed of yours! You need the rest.”

Amy nodded her head, sitting up as she looked at Sam who was just staring at her quietly.

“What?” she asked him, but it came out ruder than she aimed for. “Sorry, that sounded mean. Why you are staring at me?”

“About earlier, when, you know, I asked you out, did you actually agree or was it just to get me off your back since you were not feeling well?” he asked softly and she could almost feel his eyes filled with pain.

Amy shook her head, grimacing when she felt a bit dizzy because of it. “No, definitely not! I didn’t say that so that you leave me alone. I agreed because I wanted to go on a date with you. Truly.”

Sam grinned, his happiness at her answer made Amy smile as well.

“Really?" He let out a relieved sigh. "That’s- that’s great. Is 5 p.m. this Sunday alright with you?” he asked.

Amy nodded. “I have no more tests this week so I am completely free. 5 p.m. is perfect,” she answered.

Sam bit his lip. “Great. I’ll leave you to rest first,” he said as he left the room before turning back to her, “Oh, and dress casual, alright?”

Amy smiled. “Alright,” she whispered even though he had left already.

Closing her eyes, she let out a giddy squeal before groaning. Why did it have to be a Wednesday only? The next four days were surely going to feel like torture.

Shaking her head at her pitiful thoughts, she smiled. She definitely couldn't wait for her date!

---

Hey guys! How are you guys? As for me, well, it's holidays and I am having fun relaxing at home...

Can I get a round of applause for actually updating on schedule? Woohoo!!

Did you guys watched Aquaman btw?? I just did yesterday and I loved it!!!

Anyways, how was the chapter? Good? Bad? Meh?

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share this book!

Thanks for reading!! =)