Chapter 10

It had been two weeks since Amy left the pack. With little money and no means of transportation, it had been a long and arduous journey for her to reach Knightion City, the place where everything began.

Less than a year ago, she remembered leaving this very city to go to Crescent Knights town. She had been upset about leaving her best friends, anxious about starting senior year in a new school and extremely excited to see her cousins and live in a new environment.

Now, she was back, completely and utterly alone, to the place which was truly her home, where she did not have any bad memories like the ones she had of Crescent Knights Town over the past nine months.

Everything had been worthless. All those sacrifices she made, losing her parents, going against her cousins to support her mate; all of it seemed to be a waste now.

Looking at city around that hardly changed since she left, even though nine months was an extremely long time for a fast-paced city, she could only wish that time was turned back to one year ago, where her biggest worry was how horrible would physical education classes be with the new teacher who had a tendency to cause students to get injured more than learn something helpful.

The ring of the bell above the door to the bakery brought Amy back to reality, grabbing her attention as she stuffed the towel she was using to wipe the counters into one of the many empty drawers.

It was late afternoon and there was only five hours till her shift was over. Since it was only the owner, Mrs Lorence, and her usually, it was no surprise that when the ever-gullible Mrs Lorence had an emergency at the hospital, she entrusted the shop over to Amy, who she had barely known for almost two weeks. Needless to say, with the slow customer rate and no one to talk to, Amy was bored beyond belief and had only her daydreams to keep her company.

Turning to the latest customer, she greeted with a bright yet fake smile on her face, "Welcome to Knightion's Finest Bakery, where everything– Sierra?"

She blinked, unable to hide her surprise at the unexpected appearance of one of her pack members. Well, ex pack member.

"One blueberry muffin, please," Sierra ordered, looking unfazed at seeing Amy, after she perused through the options and placed a five dollar bill on the counter. Once was was done, she took a place at the table that was closest to Amy.

Gulping, Amy had millions of thoughts racing through her head as she gingerly removed a blueberry muffin from the display and placed in on a plate.

Balancing the plate on her trembling fingers was slightly hard, but she managed to successfully put the food in front of Sierra.

Closing her eyes, she whirled around, a relieved sigh escaping her mouth. For some reason, even though Sierra's staring was getting quite creepy, Amy was glad that she had not talked to her about the pack. Amy had no idea how she would handle the topic and she feared she would break down in the middle of the cafe.

Her relief was too soon though, since Sierra gripped her hand and forced her to turn back.

"Aren't you going to ask me why I am here?" she said with a raised eyebrow.

"If you are here to take me back, then forget it. I am not coming," Amy said firmly.

"Goddess, do I look like I came to take you back? I left the pack myself. Why would I bring you back there?" Sierra said, rolling her eyes as she dug into the muffin. "Hmm, this is actually really good!"

"Why did you leave the pack? I mean, I didn't have any choice, but, you? You have everything there. How did you even manage to make the decision without breaking down a gazillion times?" Amy asked increduously.

"Alright, firstly, I was too pissed off to break down and secondly, I am still too angry to go back. Plus, I promised I'm never going back there again," Sierra replied.

"Promised who?"

"Myself, duh. Who else?" Sierra said in a matter-of-fact manner.

Amy shook her head. Looks like we both made similar promises to ourselves. Let's see who keeps it the longest, she missed to herself.

The chime of the bell caught her attention and she moved towards her position behind the counter. Displaying her practised smile, she attended to the newest customer, shooting uncomfortable looks at Sierra.

Through out the next five hours, the constant staring going on between the two of them when they thought the other was not looking started giving Amy a migraine.

When the clock tower struck eight times, Amy let out a relieved huff. Sierra had left only a while ago and for the first time, there were no unhappy customers to shoo away before the bakery could close.

Flipping the sign on the door to 'Closed', Amy spent her time cleaning the tables and putting out the trash, in no hurry to return home.

Bianca Jones, her landlord, an old, grumpy woman of over eighty years old, was known for her constant nagging about every single thing that existed in the universe. Hence, it was definitely not surprising that Amy was never in a hurry to go back there after her shifts.

Frowning to herself, Amy groaned. She had taken the cheapest accommodation she could find in the entire city, it was obvious that she would have to deal with more than just a few problems. Why else would the rent be so low?

Pressing her jacket closer to her, Amy avoided bumping into the other people on the sidewalk. Her breath hitched when she realized that she was being followed.

Picking up her pace, Amy shoved her hands into her jacket pockets, trying to calm her increasing heart rate. The clicking of heels behind her suggested it was probably a woman who was giving her the chills.

A gasp escaped her mouth when she felt a hand on her shoulder, tugging her into an abandoned alley and Amy opened her mouth to scream when a hand clamped over it, muffling any sound she made.

Whirling her around, Amy furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to catch her breath.

“Are you mad?” she yelled, catching the attention of some passerbys, who decided to ignore the scene instead.

“You almost gave me a heart attack. I thought I was being stalked!”

Sierra shrugged her shoulders. “Well, technically, I was only following you but I guess you could use the word 'stalk' too. Makes me sound creepy,” she said, before adding as an afterthought, “Is it weird that I like that?”

“Yes, very,” Amy said, looking at her as though she was some kind of an alien. “What are you doing here though? Why are you stal– I mean, following me? Wait…Do you have a place to stay? Is that why you are after me? Because trust me, the landlord of the place I’m renting will never let you in!”

“Oh, I do have a flat of my own. Actually, do you want to share it with me? I do get pretty lonely there. And anyways, I just wanted to chat with you,” Sierra said, shrugging her shoulders.

“About what? Honestly, Sierra, why do you think I came here? Of everywhere else? So, that I could forget. Everything. Whatever happened these last ten months, it has really messed with my head. I can’t take it anymore! And with you suddenly popping out, it is even harder to forget now,” Amy rambled, running a hand through her hand.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I thought, we could probably help each other since we are both all alone here but, I see I was wrong,” Sierra said sadly.

“Sierra… I didn’t mean to be rude. I just, I don’t want to remember all of that. If I could wipe all my memory and start fresh, I would gladly do that. But, it’s not possible so I just need to stay away from anything that reminds me of the past,” Amy replied apologetically.

Sierra grinned. “Are you sure you want to erase your memory? Because I have got just the person to do it,” she offered.

-----

Hey you guys!! How are you? Anything super crazy happened to you today?

Nothing? Same here too! There was no new adventures, no fun going on, no mysteries to solve… Except for those on Netflix of course, so you can imagine what I was doing

Ding, ding, ding! That's right! I was binge-watching shows like crazy!! Hehe 😊 (I need some more great series recommendations so please attack me with them!!)

Anyways, don’t forget to vote, comment and share!!

Thanks for reading!! =)