Author note & recap

AUTHOR NOTE

(and brief recap before I get on with the actual chapter which is coming in approximately a minute! Promise!)

Hi! It's me! I'm back!

I know what you all must be thinking

Thanks so much for all your patience with me - I know it's been an age since I posted the previous chapter! I've had a couple of cool cupid-y writing related things going on offline (which I'll hopefully get to tell you about in the next few month...

Thanks so much for all your patience with me - I know it's been an age since I posted the previous chapter! I've had a couple of cool cupid-y writing related things going on offline (which I'll hopefully get to tell you about in the next few months!), and recently needed to work on some editing - which meant I had to stop posting book 3 for a little while. 

BUT I'm back now and have no plans to go disappearing again for the foreseeable future!

---

What if you disappear again, Lauren?!

I don't have any plans to! Promise! But if I ever miss an update and you're wondering where I am - make sure you're following me on Wattpad (click here ---> LEPalphreyman) or Instagram (@LaurenPalphreyman). Even when I'm not posting chapters I try to keep people up to date on what's going on through those channels in particular. And I always see and answer any comments on my Wattpad profile wall - so feel free to come chat with me there! 

--->

Forgotten what's happened in Psyche's Heart so far?! 

ha yeah! Me too! 

I had to read it all the other day as I'd completely forgotten where we'd got up to! So here's a little recap so you don't have to do the same (unless you feel like it!).

--->

R E C A P

PSYCHE'S HEART - THE STORY SO FAR!

Basically... 

Valentine has been contacting Lila in her dreams. He wants her to come to the Underworld to get him. Why would she do that? I hear you ask. Because half of us secretly have a crush on him? Because even though he's evil he's kind of hot? 

No! Course not...! (maybe?) No!

Because when Lila killed him at the end of book 2, a powerless Venus slipped into the human world. Valentine claims to have the only thing that can stop her from returning to her full power in his possession. A box. Though we don't know what is inside.

If Venus returns to her full power, and isn't returned to the Underworld where she belongs, the god of the dead will rise too. And a War will break out between the gods which will destroy the world.

Even though no-one fully trusts Valentine - and Cupid in particular does not want to bring Valentine back (after their shared history with Psyche he seems a little jealous that Lila seems to be getting along with him)- the cupid gang have agreed that Lila, Cupid, and Cal should head to the Underworld to try and strike a deal for the box.

Seeing as Cupid, Cal, and Lila recently got on the wrong side of the Furies, it shouldn't be too hard for them to get there. The Furies have, in fact, sworn to take three souls to the Underworld every night until Venus is brought back to them, as punishment. And the Ferry of the Dead is scheduled to arrive to pick up three passengers tonight.

Only Amena, Cal's ex has recently come onto the scene having spent years infiltrating the extremist cupid group, The Arrows. She informs them that Venus wants the box too, and is sending cupids to sacrifice themselves to the Furies so they can get to Valentine before Lila and the others.

Oh. And just to make things a little more dramatic, Lila has just found out that James, her ex boyfriend, has recently been turned into a cupid by the Arrows, and he's one of the cupids that has been sent to sacrifice himself to the Furies.

As if this isn't all crazy enough for Lila - she feels a strange connection with Valentine. And when Mino took her into her mind's labyrinth to try and get to the bottom of it, she saw a dark, shadowy tornado in the center that Mino tells her she will have to face at some time or another.

But, we'll get back to that later! 

For now - Lila, Cupid, and Cal are now on their way to find James, stop him, and - hopefully, all going well - board the Ferry of the Dead so they can journey to the Underworld.

--->

So - that's my recap! 

Let's get back to the story, shall we?!

:D

I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Missed you all lots and super excited to be back posting on Wattpad again!

lots of love,

Lauren

---

Contact me (links in my Wattpad bio):

Wattpad| Twitter | Facebook LEPalphreyman

Instagram: LaurenPalphreyman

---