Move

"Is that all?" Simon asked as Aaron came down the stairs of the apartment with one suitcase and a duffle bag.

"Yeah, I didn't have much." Aaron replied. He had already sold the rest of the things he didn't really need and only packed his clothes, hygiene products and some other small things.

"Alright then, let me help you get them to the car." Simon said and took hold of the suitcase.

Three days after the hospital visit, he was feeling much better and had gained lots of energy due to the much needed rest he received. It was now official, Aaron had agreed to go with Simon's proposal. Simon really had no intention of making Aaron do any work in the first place, he just needed to get him to agree to live with him.

They reached Simon's house and set everything inside Aaron's temporarily room. Simon let Aaron settle in and unpack his belongings while he made dinner for both of them along with Casper of course.

"Thanks for the food!" Aaron said truthfully after eating. The food tasted than than anything he had ever tasted, then again, all of Simon's meals were like those seen on fancy television cook shows.

"Glad you liked it." Simon said and began gathering the plates.

"W-Wait I'll do it. I am working for you after all." Aaron stopped him and took Simons plate and his own, carrying them to the sink.

"Right." Simon scratched the back of his neck. "When you're done, what do you say I show you around the place. It's come to my attention that the only area you know is the living room, kitchen and bathroom." He suggested.

"Alright then." Aaron modded.

About thirty minutes later, Simon was almost done giving Aaron a tour. The man had a lot of secret rooms that he forbade Aaron from entering without any explanation as to why. But Aaron didn't really question, the man had the right to have his own privacy. Though the thought of Simon possibly being a serial killer did cross his mind. But only for a second.

"That's all I guess." Simon said once they reached his bedroom door. "This is my room. If you ever have any questions or concerns just knock and I'll be out in seconds flat." He said to him.

"Of course, thank you." Aaron smiled with a nod.

The next few weeks weren't all bad. Simon would go to work about three days a week and Aaron would have to stay and clean the house—even though it hardly ever got dirty—feed Casper, and himself of course, as well as bathe the cat and make sure he doesn't cause any trouble.

He didn't need to, but he did make dinner for Simon every night before he arrived.

Everything was progressing pretty smoothly. Whenever Simon was away, he and Casper would play around the place and binge watch random movies on Netflix. He really enjoyed how life was going, not once did someone yell or hit him. It took some time to get use to, he usually never went a day without being screamed or scolded by someone.

He finished bathing and wrapped a small towel on his head to make sure he didn't drag any water. He walked over to his closet and started ruffling through to look for some clothes. He had a few more hours before bed so he just needed something comfortable that he can move in.

He found his black sport shorts and shuffled through to look for a T-shirt. As he was pushing the clothes to the left, his hand hit what felt like a doorknob. He pushed the clothes aside and much to his surprise, he saw a white door on the right side of his closet.