Chapter 5 - Dance Of The Purple Eyed Demon

Violet's P. O. V.

Jax and I entered the mall wearing dark shades and hats to cover our hair. Being in the dire situation we were in of living in a monstified world, we were obviously still in danger from the other houses.

"Why is the mall still open if they know the Ever Cravers are here?" I whisper-questioned Jax as we were passing the food court.

"They don't know about the Ever Cravers. They have only started to surface in the woods. Since The Tetrad Houses live in the woods, we were the first to know."

"Oh." I answered quietly.

We walked beside each other in comfortable silence. It was the peace we've been longing for after the whole fiasco about my temporary amnesia and stressful things about the houses.

We finally arrived at the costume shop and we entered. The little bell attached to the frame of the door rang as we stepped into the creepy looking antique shop.

They had racks and racks of costumes, labelled and off in the gender section. To our right was the cashier and a glass showcase to show different masquerade masks and other props on display.

The woman manning the counter was dressed like a slutty witch. She wore a tiny and skimpy tube dress topped off with a big witch hat over her blonde hair.

"Hey handsome, what do you need?" She purred. She didn't even notice me standing next to him, and I felt jealous as I glared at her. It's not like he was mine.

"I need costumes for my girlfriend and I, I would appreciate it if you stop flirting and do your job." He calmly replied. I couldn't help myself but smiled, although he wanted to do this quickly and we might die if we stay any longer.

I realised he has so many sides to him, maybe I just need to spend more time with him to see them all. He's just so unpredictable that you wouldn't know what he'd do next.

We walked over to the shelves as we picked out different costumes. In my hand was 3 different costumes. A school girl outfit, a demon outfit and a cat outfit.

Firstly, we tried the school outfit.