Chapter 4 - The Tetrad Houses

"So technically we can still call you V or Violet." Jax shrugged.

Gabriel walked to Jax's side and said in a worried tone.

"Capo, we still have that Halloween Party to cover for our weapon trades. What are we going to do if a girl is here? Surely, all the girls want you."

"Don't worry, you can charm all the women to you, I'll just announce she's my Girlfriend." The men chuckled. I blushed at the sound of Jax's voice saying 'girlfriend'. It was weird, since I just met him.

"Get out boys! Go plan that party. I need to take miss Violetta Luna Catelli costume shopping. I hope you men find your costume soon, it's 2 days away." Jax had a mischievous smile on his face as he turned to face me.

For the past 24 hours I've met him, it was cute that I could see a hint of his childish side apart from his serious, business-like style of being Capo to his men.

I blushed at my thoughts of him bringing me shopping then we'd stop for some ice cream and check out the beach. We'd lie on the sand to watch the sunset and stargaze. Then we have a passionate kiss to seal the date and we come back here and see where the night takes us.

I shook my head, clearing my mind of these thoughts. I jumped up and down in excitement, when my shoulder suddenly had a sharp sting. I gasped from the pain as all of the men left my room except Jax.

"What's wrong? Does your shoulder still hurt as bad?" He questioned worriedly. I kind of... liked him worrying about me. It shows me that even invincible men could have feeble feelings, just like anyone else.

"Yea, it's fine. It just hurts from time to time if I move it too much." I grinned to make him stop being so anxious about my wounds.

He grumbled. "Come on, we need to get to the costume shop soon. Maybe we could go normal shopping, get more clothes for you." He reached out his hand for me to take, I took it with my good arm and he helped me stand up. I wobbled a little at first, but I managed to get used to it.

He brushed past me as I tailed along behind him, I was blushing again as I knew more and more about that mysterious amber eyed man.

We entered the carpark as a silver Mercedes Benz 3600 Maybach drove up with a personal chauffeur in the driver's seat.

How did I know that car model? He had a sheet paper of all his car models pinned up on the wall right next to me while waiting for the chauffeur.

It was an awkward silence in the car, he stared out the window as palm trees lining beside the road were passing by in a blur. I kept on directing my gaze at him subconsciously, I wanted to stop looking at him, but my eyes just can't stop being glued to Jax Lavette.

He faced me as my lilac eyes met his honey eyes. He tilted his head to the side like a puppy and asked me.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Oh, umm nothing. It's just... what do you work as?"

My harmless question took him by surprise as he sucked in the chilled, lavender scented, air conditioned breeze.

"I'm a mafia boss. It's a very dangerous job and outsiders think I'm a rich businessman."

"Who is also a womaniser." I spat under my breath as I faced the window. In a bizarre way, he still managed to have heard me.

"V, you know I'm not anymore. Since we have to take care of you, no more than one girl in the House of the Wolves."

"Are there other houses?"

"Of course." He answered with poison in his voice. I gulped. This isn't going to end well.

"Well, since the mall is going to take an hour, we have plenty of time to spare. There are 4 houses in the mafia gang circle." He took out a piece of paper and wrote down the names.

"They are named after animals. The first house is our house, the Midnight Wolves. As you can tell, our house is based on loyalty and brotherhood. We'd die for each other, if we betrayed the house, we're dead. We call ourselves Wolverines."

I gasped, what have I gotten myself into? I mean I could train myself and be prepared, but that would only just risk myself more if I was asked to go on a Mission.

"Next we have the Meridian Foxes. They are being run by Rogue Palin. They are cunning and smart, they will think through plans before persecuting them. They are amazing hackers too. They call themselves Foxinos."

"Third up on the list are the Golden Lions. Courageous little b*tches." He chuckled. I was confused at why he laughed, maybe an inside joke? "They are courageous, warriors. They also care about loyalty, but women are always there and they throw parties every week. They are being run by Remo Harding. They call themselves Leos."

"Isn't Leo the astrological sign?" I thought out loud.

"Well, they aren't too bright." He rolled his eyes. "Lastly, the worst group of them all, the Dusk Serpents." He clenched his fists with fury and anger but his eyes showed... hurt and pain? He looked away from me and out of the window, there was a big canyon near our road as we both looked at it in astonishment.

"Listen Jax, I can tell you're hurting. You don't need to tell me anything nor do you have to tell me about the last group." I soothed him as I placed my palm on his shoulder. His tensed up body calmed down as he relaxed.

"No, I'll tell you about the snakes." He gritted his teeth in anger. "They are sly and ruthless. They will stop at nothing to get their way. I will always hate them, for a personal reason. They are called Serpentinos and they are ruled by Vincenzo. We couldn't find out his last name or how he looks. He always have that same commander, Cole Braxton."

I wanted to push him to tell me. Tell me why he hated the Serpentinos so much. Tell me what were the personal reasons so that I could tell him, everything would be alright. I didn't want to push further, he already took so much care of me. I should at least respect his privacy as a thanks until he wanted to tell me out of his own will.

I felt the car jerk to a stop as I faced Jax's gorgeously structured face who was brimming with joy.

"We're here, let's go shopping." He smirked.