•11•✔

Athena's POV

We arrived the castle about three hours ago.

Remi was also feeling nauseous when we traveled through the portal.

Now we were having a sleepover in the living room. Remi was still at awe with the castle, when I showed her around and explained the things Lucifer told me about mating and supernatural creatures.

"I saw the exchange between you and Rush earlier, have something you want to tell me?" I asked her. Remi and I hardly talked about guys together, because it was always her, I've never had a boyfriend in all my life. I know she thought that I don't like talking about it because it makes me feel lonely, when the truth was I just didn't want a relationship.

She blushed.

"Well he is hot and is my type of man, I really love his deep alluring voice it makes me feel so hor-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence miss, just continue to paint my nails." I ordered.

She rolled her eyes but continued to do her task anyways.

"So do you like Lucifer, after everthing he has told you? From what I've learned from it all, you will be spending eternity with him."

"Yeah I guess, He is the most handsome man I've ever seen, something in me has changed since I've met him, my heart beats in a different pattern, I feel flushed and electrified when he's near me, we have that connection" I said.

"Wow you do like him" Remi grinned.

My cheeks flushed red when she said that.

"Okay maybe I do but don't tell him or Rush, okay." I say sternly

She nodded the stupid grin still on her face, putting away the nail polish.

Bang!

"What was that?" Remi asked looking towards the direction of the door but couldn't see anything because the couch was blocking our way. I stood up from the fluffy white carpet we placed on the tyled floor.

It was Lucifer, he was standing beside the door holding onto it breathing heavily. I could see from here that his claws and horns were out, his head was down and he was shaking violently.

Remi stood up too, gasping at the sight before us.

"Remi I think you should get Rush" I ordered.

"I don't know where he his!" She whisper shouted.

"Find a maid or something, just go, I'll see if I can calm him down a bit" I say.

She nodded her head and ran to the stairs.

I turned around to him. He looked up
at me. His eyes flashing from his usual grey ones to red.

"Mate" he breathed out. I shivered from his voice, it sent waves of pleasure through my body.

I slowly walked towards him, "Lucifer can you hear me?" I asked him softly.

He took ahold of his head dropping to his knees. I wondered what was happening to him.

He then stood up quickly, his eyes blood red, a creepy smile on his face. I stood frozen as he stalked towards me but stopped, his eyes flashing to grey then back to red. He took up the couch beside him throwing it to the side.

I was shocked by his behavior, his beast was fighting to get out.

I walked closer to him, when I was just mere inches away I placed my hand on his chest his heart was beating rapidly, he held onto my hands as I looked up into his eyes.

"Lucifer" I called, he remained silent.

"Please, your somewhere in there. I need you to stop this, your scaring me."

His eyes flashed to grey he then looked down at me.

"My beast his fighting to come out, he wants to mark you" he growled then his eyes flashed again, beginning the internal battle.

He turned his back to me and his wings popped out, nearly hitting me in the face. I stepped back.

'How can I stop this?' I asked myself.

'Kiss him' a voice said in my head. I jumped at the sudden intrusion.

'Kiss him and this will all go away'

'Who are you?' I asked, feeling stupid when the voice never answered.

'Well I have to see if this will work.' I told myself.

I took ahold of Lucifer's shoulders swiftly turning him around, I placed my hands around his neck, pushing it down slightly then crashed my lips unto his. He stood there frozen. I was about to pull away when he placed his hand around my waist slowly moving his lips against mine, he licked my lips asking for entrance. I slowly opened my mouth giving him acess as our tongues battled for dominance he obviously won. The kiss was soft and passionate.

We pulled away when we needed to catch our breaths. I opened my eyes to see his claws have retracted and his horns were no where in sight.

I smiled, he was fine now. I dropped my hands from his neck and turned around, then I was swiftly pulled back and two fangs pierced through my neck. I screamed, my vision a blurry haze as I started to fall to the ground. The last thing I heard was "I'm sorry" before I was surrounded in darkness.

Lucifer's POV

I watched as she slipped out of my arms dropping towards the floor, "I'm sorry" I said then quickly grabbed her when she was about to meet the floor.

My beast was very angry from the various activities that took place earlier. While I was out I came upon an angel, he was a messenger sent by Michael, I was going to kill him at first but I listened to the message.

He was sent to tell me that Michael knew about Athena and that he was going to claim her as his because she was pure and didn't deserve me. He then would slowly torture her and I would feel all of it because I was her true mate.

I was very angry and killed the angel.

My beast thought the only solution was to claim her before he could, thus this situation. I placed her on the carpet on the floor were she and her friend was seated before.

A girl I assumed was her friend came running in with Rush behind her.

She screamed. "What did you do with her?!"

"I.... marked her" I say guiltily.

"You did what?!" Rush growled at me.

I growled back, showing him who was in charge.

"Isn't this like a force mark?" the girl asked.

"Yes it is" Rush answered for me. I glared at him, he glared back.

"Aren't you supposed to call a doctor or something, she's burning up" the girl said, on her knees beside Athena looking worried.

"She is?" I asked, surprised.

She nodded, I walked over to my mate and felt her forehead she was on fire and was sweating really hard.

"Is this supposed to happen?" the girl asked.

"No Remi I think it's because of the forced mark" Rush said.

"No it isn't" I said looking at her worried.

"Rush call the doctor" I ordered.

This only happened to someone when they were having a forced shift.

Could it be?