•10•✔

Athena's POV

"Hey Remi" I mumbled into the phone as I sat on a stool in the pantry. I was feeling really nervous when it came down reality.

What if she doesn't believe me? Or worse she thinks I'm crazy?

"Hey A, are you okay?" She asked, the excitement dying in her voice slowly, the concern building up.

"I'm fine" I replied.

'I'm just worried about how your gonna take this'

"Soo" she drawled on.

"I have something to tell you and it's really important"

She squealed, "I knew it! You finally had a threesome and did it without me, I hate you!"

"Really Remi, That's all you could think about?" I asked amused.

"Well yeah I've asked every year for my birthday since we've met" she mumbled.

I rolled my eyes. Sometimes I wonder if she's gay but from past experiences I know she is as straight as an arrow.

"If it's not that then...?" She mumbled, her voice a low octave.

"What I told you was a lie. I know where I am and I know why they took me."

"Don't tell me your secretly apart of the mafia and they took you because you owe them money" she accused.

"Could you just wait for the explanation?" I asked in anoyance.

.......

Silence, I breathed in, here goes.

"Well I'm kinda in hell, Lucifer the guy that kidnapped me was my mate, as in soulmate when he marks me I'll be immortal yada yada, and I'm also gonna be queen" I said in one breath.

"Wow, seriously bitch if I found out you made all that shit up you'll be buried without a head" she threatened.

"I hear you" I said, not taking her threat lightly, last time I did that, I faced the consequences.

"So your serious?"

"Yes"

........

Silence, again.

"Aren't you gonna freak out, call the police, figure out if this is all a dream?" I asked slighty alarmed.

"Well no, this is so cool, I knew one of those stories I red on wattpad would actually come to life, God I'm so jealous" she said.

Thank god she took it lightly.

"The thing is I want you here with me, you wouldn't have to work, everything is free and you may even find love" I say, I knew she would agree, free food is all it would take.

"Free food?" she asked.

"Yes"

"I'm coming baby doll"

"You don't know how" I said, smiling giddily.

"I forgot"

I chuckled, "Rush and I will pick you up in a few hours, pack some of my stuff and yours."

"Yes, see you later then" she says excitement bubbling in her voice.

"Bye"

I'm so glad that went well.

• Two hours later •

I was holding onto Rush's arm tightly as we went through the portal. I don't think I'd ever get used to this.

We appeared in front of my apartment, the place was old and cranky as always. Even though I've only been gone for a day.

Wow, alot happened in such a short time.

I walked up to my apartment, Rush trailing behind a look of disgust crossed his face when we entered the so call lobby. My landlord Rick was sprawled out on the floor with a beer bottle in hand. I rolled my eyes at the sight and mumbled inaudible curses under my breath.

I headed up the stairs and knocked on the door. The door was flunged open by a squealing Remi.

She pushed Rush out of the way and landed on me, knocking me to the floor.

"A, I missed you so much!" She exclaimed squeezing the life out of me.

"Cant.... Breath" I said the words coming out as wheezes.

"Oh sorry" she said looking guilty.

"It's okay" I smiled.

"I'm still here" Rush said his voice deep and husky and I swear, I saw Remi shiver.

"Hi" she says giving him a small wave.

"Hey" Rush replied, coming closer to her.

"I'm Rush, what's your name?" He asked cooly taking a hold of Remi's hand placing a kiss there.

She was blushing like crazy.

"Hey, people, I'm still here you know and I don't have time to waste. Luce said we should be back in an hour so cut the intro's short" I snap.

"Oh um I'm Remington"

"Nice name."

"Rush!" I barked at him.

He blew Remi a kiss and turned to me.

Finally.

"Let's get these boxes and go, when we're back at the castle you guys will have all the time in the world"

He winks.

I roll my eyes.

Typical player.