•7•✔

Athena's POV

I was in shock, I couldn't believe what was before my eyes.

'I must be dreaming.' This couldn't be real, wings and horns aren't in front of my eyes.

I got knocked out of my trance when Lucifer nudged me on the arm twice.

My eyes shot up to him as he looked at me slightly worried but revealed.
I pushed his hand away and shuffled over to the other side of the bed.

I couldn't look him in the eyes.

Why was I the one to be kidnapped by the devil?

A day ago I didn't even know these things existed but now I'm in the underworld where demons reside.

My life is totally fucked up.

I just wish I could get back my old boring life.

My stomach suddenly growled loudly, red tinted my cheeks as I blushed remembering that he was still here.

"You're hungry" he stated. I nodded shyly not looking at him once, my head down looking at my thumbs fiddling with each other on my lap.

He sighed, and took a hold of my hands slightly dragging me off the bed. We started walking towards the door, as he opened it he dropped my hand, we continued walking down the hall and down the stairs then made a left turn to the kitchen. I made sure to get all the directions right, if I wanted to escape I got to know where to run.

We entered the kitchen which was occupied by the other guy that helped with my kidnapping. He was by the kitchen isle dancing and singing hot n cold by Katy Perry.

A giggle was bubbling inside my throat but I held it back trying to keep a strong demeanor. Was this what underlings do in their free time? Yes underlings, that's what I'm calling them.

I shook my head as Lucifer cleared his throat getting the other guy's attention.

I stifled a laugh when he suddenly froze, slightly turned around and ran to the pantry near the kitchen, I couldn't hold back and burst into fits of laughter. Lucifer looked at me, amusement swirling in his eyes. I quickly cleared my throat and stood straight.

I've already revealed that I'm weak, in a sense, no muscles popping eh? I walked towards the kitchen isle and sat on one of the stools.

"Aren't you making me dinner?" I asked, raising a brow while smirking.

He clapped his hands a smirk playing on his lips.

"Maids!"

The hell?!

****
He said 'maids' that's plural, silly me thought he meant two, that's what you thought, right?

Well we're all wrong because right in front of me were about fifty maids all dressed in mediocre black uniforms.

He smirked at me, I just rolled my eyes, cocky much? I turned my gaze on one girl who was at the back, holding her head low and tugging down on the short uniform she was wearing.

"Who is she?" I asked Lucifer, he followed my gaze until he saw the girl then he frowned.

"Why are you asking about her?" He questioned curiously.

"I don't know, she just looks so sad" I replied.

"Well it's not your problem, there here to serve us."

"I know it's not my problem but aren't they under your watch? They work for you, aren't you supposed to know what's going on in their lives?" I asked, in the human world bosses usually know stuff about their employees, but I don't know if it is the same here.

"Yeah I do know what's going on, she wears those clothes to seduce me" he said in a knowing tone like it was the most normal thing.

"What?" I asked, I was shocked she looked so innocent and shy.

"Some girls don't do it on purpose though, if a girl is born in an omega family their fathers send them to work for me, they use their daughters to try and get me into bed. It's considered a great privilege in the markets. Sleeping with the king is a great honor."

Hearing it made me want to puke, my heart was aching, have he slept with all these girls because they laid everything out for him?

"Do you sleep with them?" I asked bitterly. I don't know why I felt this way but I just can't stop feeling jealous.

"No I don't" he said.

I suddenly felt happy but that was short lived when he said, "I don't sleep with those who are lower than me, I sleep with royals, the God's daughter's, not in a long while though" he muttered quietly.

A sudden pain surged through my heart. Was it heartbreak? I don't know. I wish Remi was here with me I wouldn't feel so alone and empty.

My best friend.

Wait, REMI!!