Let the games begin

Sitting in the lounge the screams from the crowd could still be heard as a mob gathered around the building. Getting up I walked over to where Finn was, still in his interview getup. Looking out the window it was worse then I imagined as everyone was getting pushed and shoved in the streets below.

"This is insanity " Finnick scowled craning his neck to look further.

"This is politics" I said looking up at him. Wrapping his arm around me he pulled me in so tightly that I could hear the beating of his heart. Wrapping my arms even tighter around his abdomen i was scared to let go because this might be the last time we are ever this calm again, the last time our lives are as normal as they can be. Hearing the ping of the elevator we both turned to face it as Haymitch got out. Running forwards i latched onto him tighter then I ever had before. Placing his hand the back of my head he pushed me further into the crook in his neck.

"I just had to say goodbye. She'll Be Okay, we'll get her out" I promised.

" I want you to come back just as much, you know that right? " nodding my head he looked behind me towards Finnick and gave him a small nod before looking back at me with a tear threading to spill over. " Don't let her know what your doing, she made me promise to protect Peeta"

You can still keep that promise, talk to Annie and Mags. Send anything I get to him"

"Chloe that could be the difference between life and death I can't do that"

"It's not a request." I said stopping his argument. "Let me die knowing I let someone else live" he wanted to argue so bad but he knew it would get him nowhere and I knew that he'd rather save Peeta than Katniss anyway. Eventually nodding his head he made a move to take off the gold bangle on his wrist. Holding it out for Finnick to take my fellow victor hesitantly took it.

"Remember who the real enemy is" he said before leaving us both staring at the bangle.

Morning came with the chaos of Weeping Katherine and Persephone who had the task of dressing me for my last moments here. Separating me from Finnick who was now surrounded by his own stylists everything was pulling me back to the day they separated me from my brother for our games.

"We need to get you in the hovercraft" Katrina said on the verge of sobbing again. Squeezing her hand tightly as I followed her to the roof the hovercraft that took district threes male was just leaving as mine arrived. Taking a deep breath I turned to my stylists.

"I'll see you soon" I said climbing into the craft and letting them inject me with the tracker. Hissing in pain the man who administered it didn't look at me. Did he agree with this? Or did he wish that this wasn't happening too? I'm not sure how long it took to get to the arena but it felt like no time before we were landing and I was escorted to my room with my tunnel that would take me to my death. Rushing in Katherine and Persephone Immediately started to get me dressed whilst simultaneously trying to keep themselves together. "What do you think?" I asked looking at the jumpsuit.

"It won't protect you much but if it's hot you should be fine I hope" Katrina said examining the suit one more time now that it was on my body. Finally she handed me a hair bobble which was slipped onto my wrist.

Thank you. Both of you. For everything" pulling me into a hug tears were now creeping onto my face.

"Make them pay" Persephone cried and I vowed I would.

'Tributes. Please enter your launch pads. The Quarte Quell will begin momentarily' a voice warned. Clenching my fists I jumped up and down on the spot and rolled my shoulders. Taking a deep breath I entered the pod and the door closed sealing me in. Placing their hands on the glass I did the same.