- Chapter 17 -

My nerves were high as I thought about my sister coming home from college

My nerves were high as I thought about my sister coming home from college. I hadn't seen her in two years. Her father lived in another state and she hardly ever visited. She was the product of a fling my mother had before she met my mother. She had fallen pregnant before the two separated ways. She did so well raising us the best she could but the father ended up marrying a really lovely woman and they wanted custody of Lily. I hadn't seen much of her since.

I knew my mother would be excited for her return. She loved her like any mother would love their first born child. It always felt weird when Lily was around. I used to complain about never seeing her but as the years have gone on it felt like she'd rather be somewhere else. I was expected at my house soon and i really just couldn't be bothered with moving. I was where I would rather be. Nathan wraps his arms around my shoulders pulling me closer into him. We lay under the sheets in my bed talking about all things.

I had been listening to his childhood stories the best I could but my thoughts kept drifting back to Lily. Her blonde hair cut to shoulder length. He bright blue doll like eyes, her rosy cheeks and peach lips. She was the perfect girl.

"Em, are you okay?" Nathan whispers as he runs his fingers through my hair. I look up at him smiling. Nodding my head I unfolded myself from him.

"Yeah I just need to get heading out soon, actually I should have left twenty minutes ago," I mumble fiddling my hair. Tugging at some of the knots I pulled myself out of bed. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay here for hours. I just wanted to listen to Nathan's voice until I fell asleep. But that wasn't going to happen. If I didn't get to my mother's house soon she would be mad.

"What for?" Nathan questions as he stretches looking at the clock. "You don't have a class or anything so what is the hurry?"

"My sister is in town," I mutter looking around the room for my cell phone.

"I didn't know you had a sister," He smiles, leaning forward in the bed before pulling his way out of the sheets himself. He jumped up grabbing his hat and stuff off the dresser next to my bed before heading towards the door.

"I don't, well... I guess it's a long story and she is never around, which Is why I need to hurry. Sorry I can't really explain it right now, I will have to tell you later," I mumbled trying to grab all my things before ushering him out of the room. Ailis had wandered off to spend some time in his own world. This had honestly been helpful. I had spent the entire morning with Nathan without any distractions.

"I will see you tomorrow then," Nathan whispers leaning forward giving me a quick kiss before placing his hand on my face to pull me in for an even deeper kiss. I try my best to pull away but found myself stuck in his trance.

"I really have to go," I muttered through our lips moving. He pulled away smiling at me before groaning.

"Fine," He hugged me quickly before we parted heading in opposite directions. I could still feel his kiss lingering on my lips.