•31•Diana•

4.3k reads!!!! Holy shitttt. Eeekkk. Okay, I have calmed down.
Read on.
----------

"Reece Brown. " Diana told the woman at the entrance of the hospital. That had been the name that Karter had faked while admitting.

"Room 478."

She ran into the closing lift and pressed 4.

"Hold the door." A voice spoke as a hand popped in between to stop the lift from closing.

"Alex," Diana spoke. "How's he?"

"He's good. Great actually." Alex replied.

1

"So. Sebastian..." Alex started breaking the uneasy tension, by adding more tension.

2

"Yeah, Sebastian," I said my voice showing no feelings.

3

4

I ran out of the elevator. No, not to avoid the awkwardness to meet my stupid brother, obviously.

475

476

477

478.

I barged into the room.

"What were you thinking going out there with those boys. I told you they were a bad company. Did I raise you to be like this? Now look you have a bullet in you. Tell me, young man, have I not raised you right?" I placed my hands on my lips and spoke with a motherly accent.

Karter looked like he had seen a ghost.

Alex lost no time. "Let him be, darling. A real man learns from his wounds. Nothing like a lesson than a bullet to the waist." He spoke with a fatherly accent.

Diana and Alex continued to look at him in a disappointed manner.

"I have.. no..words. " Karter finally spoke looking at the both of them.

After a few seconds, all of them burst out in laughs.

"Alright, now get out. I need to talk to Diana alone." Karter said.

Alex smiled and gave him a thumbs up. Once he left. Karter turned to Diana.

"I have been running this mafia for over fifteen years now. I really want a break, Diana." He started. " Maybe settle down. Have a kid. Go to a normal job."

"Oh," Diana replied. She couldn't imagine the gang without Karter."Karter. Have you thought this through?"

"I have. Now, you don't have to take this on your shoulders. Alex said he would be willing to be by your side till the end. Whenever you choose that to be. " he replied.

Diana sat down on the edge of his bed.

"So, what do you say?" Karter asked.

Before she could reply alarms blared.

Alex walked in. "Guys. We have a situation."

"This is a black alarm. Immediate evacuation. This a black alarm. Immediate evacuation. This is ..." A lady spoke through the intercom.

"What's going on?" Karter asked Alex as Diana helped him out the bed.

"Some guy got in with a gun and shot a doctor and two nurses. He's still inside the place." Alex replied.

Emeraude walked into the room. "Em take him," Diana said as she made Karter lean on Emeraude. "Get him out of here. Here's a gun. Shoot anyone that tries to stop you. Get him out safe."