Chapter Twelve- Peaceful Harmony

I have literally got tHe worlds biggest cold at the moment, my braces are digging trench into my lips and I have to go on a school trip to the beach tomorrow- where it will be raining and freezing. So, to make myself feel better, I cranked out this chapter with loads of fluff! I hope you enjoy!

Tao's POV

"My mum's getting married"

I blurt it out, too upset to keep it locked away any longer.

Matthias stops, in the middle of getting dressed- into a pair of rough black jeans and a stylish grey turtleneck.

"She is?" He whispers back, eyes heavy with understanding.

"Yeah"

Silence fills the air and suddenly I can't take it any longer, running into the welcoming arms of my boyfriend.

He strokes the base of my back, kissing my forehead repeatedly.

"Let it all out...c'mon darling"

And I do. I cry and sob into his shoulder, inhaling the intoxicating scent that's flowing off of him in rippling waves.

"I just don't understand. L-like I know she has to move on but I-I haven't even met him!"

After a while, my tears even out into soft whimpers, as I desperately try to compose myself.

Matthias hums, rocking my body from side to side.

"Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart
Never to part
Baby of mine
Little one, when you play
Don't you mind what they say
Let those eyes sparkle and shine
Never a tear
Baby of mine"
(Baby mine- Dumbo)

He really does have the most beautiful voice.

"I love Dumbo", I giggle through my tears.

I sniffle a little longer then wipe my eyes with the soft tissue he provides.

"Thank you" I whimper, "W-will you come to the wedding with me, only my m-mum said I need a d-date and I wanna invite you but-"

"Of course I will darling"

I smile in thanks, and peck him lightly on the lips.

"Sweetheart" Matthias whispers, "do you wanna watch a movie? I'll make popcorn."

He tickles my sides gently.

I giggle, "that would be nice"

He helps me get dressed into a cosy, green-themed outfit and carries me downstairs.

[...]

The soft, sugary sensation of popcorn melts onto my tastebuds.

My left hand is entwined with Matthias', tiny bolts of electricity surging through my body at the gentle touch.

I reach forwards, searching for more 'sweet and salty' popcorn.

However, with my eyes enchanted by the events occurring on the screen mixed with the darkness of the room, I manage to grasp Matthias' ear instead.

Chuckling, he removes the invading hand and kisses the top of it.

"Sorry" I say, embarrassed.

He grasps my face in his palms and gives me a loving kiss.

"Don't be silly baby, I don't mind"

I snuggle closer to him, pulling the soft pink blanket further around us both.

And we spend the rest of the afternoon in peaceful harmony, watching countless films on my cosy sofa.

And although the wedding,
Still floats around my head,
I relax next to Thais,
And focus on him instead.