Chapter 24: Kimberley

The feeling I get when I see Logan just leave us is almost unbearable.  I don’t realize how sad I am to see him leave after he is gone.  I feel abandoned, forgotten about, like when Ronnie and I were on our own the night my father killed our mother.  But now I will have to make do with my new mentor. 

                I turn and look at him from toes to head.  He’s about 2 or 3 inches taller than me.  And I’m five foot five.  He seems about five foot seven or eight.  Only his hat gives him a couple of inches.  I look back at his leg.  How are we supposed to learn from a man who can’t even walk properly?  Another thing is, he’s like, what, sixty?  He can’t even beat me in a battle properly, unless he’s like a secret Yoda and can beat you once he rips out a sword.  I highly doubt that though. 

                “So what should we do?”  Ronnie asks slapping her hands against her sides. 

                “Well, dinner is at six thirty.  Go explore the house and I’ll call Daisy to get your bags.”  Jama says.  “You can explore outside the house or in I don’t care, just be in the dining room by six thirty.  It’s right around the corner.”  He waves his hand over behind the wall then walks away.  “Have fun.”  He walks in a door down the other hall and into another room.

                “So what do you want to do?”  I turn to Ronnie.  She shrugs.                    

                “I’m going upstairs to check out the rooms.”  Before I can reply she takes off up the stairs.  I watch her go up then disappear down the hall.  I sigh and roll my eyes.  I look over at the shattered glass.  Water is spilled on the floor and the flowers scatter the table.  I walk over to it and look at my knife pinned in the wall.  I chuckle as I see Ronnie’s aim on the wooden beam.

                I nod and walk away outside the glass door. I close it behind me and walk out on the porch.  It is made out of marble, the porch itself was about fifty feet wide by fifty feet.  On either side a pathway made you go to smaller porches surrounding the house. Couches covered the railings and stairs lead downward to a patio with tables and chairs with more couches and cushions. 

                An awning covered the porch and ended at the stairs. On the patio bellow was two hot tubs on both side of it and a pool to the right. I casually walk down putting my hand on the marble railing.  I walk past the patio and on the snowy lawn.  The forest was about sixty yards away in the left direction.  It went all the way around the back of the house until it came to the hill when it curved.  I smile when I see something that might be fun.  A barn. 

                It is some yards away from the patio.  I run over to the long structure and see a fenced in field behind it. Big enough for about ten or fifteen horses to run through.  Three quarters of it is in the deep forest.  The barn is a red, brownish color with white trim.  Normally like how a barns should look.  I walk around to the side finding smaller fenced in areas for only about maybe one or two horses could fit in.  The big fenced in field started on the other side then curved a few feet away. 

                Strange thing is no horses were out.  I walk back to the front again and find the entrance is a huge door.  I figure out it slides open.  It is a heavy door but I can manage it.  I slide another one open making the giant entrance to the barn.  It is dimly lit inside with only a few lights hanging from the ceiling.  The barn went long ways from side to side and had another door opened to the fields.