Gal Language - seiyuna

Main Content

Archive of Our Own beta

Log In

Site Navigation

FandomsBrowseSearchAboutSearch Works

Work Search:  tip: lex m/m (mature OR explicit)

 Skip header

Actions

Comments Share Download

Work Header

Rating:Teen And Up AudiencesArchive Warning:Creator Chose Not To Use Archive WarningsCategory:M/MFandom:僕のヒーローアカデミア | Boku no Hero Academia | My Hero AcademiaRelationships:Bakugou Katsuki/Todoroki ShoutoBakugou Katsuki & Utsushimi CamieTodoroki Shouto & Utsushimi CamieCharacters:Bakugou KatsukiTodoroki ShoutoUtsushimi CamieClass 1-A (My Hero Academia)Additional Tags:HumorFluffMisunderstandingsTextingBakugou Katsuki Has A CrushLanguage:EnglishStats:Published:2018-09-01Words:3215Chapters:1/1Comments:27Kudos:234Bookmarks:37Hits:1394

Gal Language

seiyuna

Summary:

Out of all the people Todoroki could befriend, he befriends Camie.

Bakugou never saw this coming.

Notes:

(See the end of the work fornotes.)

Work Text:

Todoroki didn’t have too many people in his contacts. His older siblings, classmates, teachers—but there was another name on the list that didn’t belong in any of his family and friend groups. Following their provisional license training, he somehow became acquaintanced with Shiketsu High School’s Utsushimi Camie.

Their conversations on LINE were mostly one-sided, with Camie messaging him incessantly and Todoroki reading what she sent and leaving her with read receipts. Despite his lack of messages, partly due to annoyance but mostly because of his inability to conjure proper responses, she continued to send and send and send even though they hardly knew each other.

Todoroki turned his phone from vibrate to mute as his classmates set up in the common room for their movie screening. Another notification appeared on his phone screen, and he opened up the unrequited conversation within their LINE chatroom. Most of her messages contained trending photos or videos or text posts that she found downright hilarious—memes, she called them—but he failed to find humor in them. Sometimes, she did send things that brought a small smile to his face.

One of her messages from yesterday included a photo of a white cat with heterochromia, its mismatched eyes looking right in the camera.Looks just like you. So freaking cute!

Cute, Todoroki agreed. If he did respond, he only answered with one word or a LINE sticker that seemed to convey his feelings. The platform had everything from animal mascots to All Might stickers.

His response spurred on a succession of cat-related content, but he found the photos and videos more endearing than annoying. Her most recent message was a video of an irritated cat with spiked hair, hissing at its owner. Remind you of someone? LOL.

Todoroki pressed his hand against his mouth, stifling a soft laugh. He glanced up discreetly at the person sitting across from him on the other sofa, but a huff escaped him.

Bakugou glared at him. “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing,” Todoroki answered with an air of indifference, but that only encouraged a barrage of questions from his classmates.