Stranger Danger - bakubros

Main Content

Archive of Our Own beta

Log In

Site Navigation

FandomsBrowseSearchAboutSearch Works

Work Search:  tip: katekyou "alternate universe" sort:>words

 Skip header

Actions

Comments Share Download

Work Header

Rating:Teen And Up AudiencesArchive Warning:No Archive Warnings ApplyCategory:M/MFandom:僕のヒーローアカデミア | Boku no Hero Academia | My Hero AcademiaRelationships:Bakugou Katsuki/Todoroki ShoutoKaminari Denki/Kirishima EijirouKaminari Denki & Kirishima EijirouBakugou Katsuki & Kaminari Denki & Kirishima EijirouCharacters:Bakugou KatsukiTodoroki ShoutoKirishima EijirouKaminari DenkiYaoyorozu MomoAdditional Tags:BakuTodo Week 2018Social MediaOnline Datingkiri and kami come up with great ideasit's just that no one is ready for said greatnessFluffCrackLanguage:EnglishStats:Published:2018-02-01Words:7198Chapters:1/1Comments:54Kudos:593Bookmarks:100Hits:3899

Stranger Danger

bakubros

Summary:

“‘I am a twenty-two year old chemistry student with a passion for making things explode—if you know what I mean.’”

Kirishima grimaces from his position on the bed, torso reclining and legs resting up against the wall. “Bro, Bakugou would never write something like that. We need this to be as in-character as possible if we want to get back at him.”

From the desk, Kaminari hums in thought. “What if I add a winky face at the end?”

“Okay, I mean, that’s closer—but still not close enough.”

(Kaminari and Kirishima make Bakugou a profile on a dating website in an attempt of a prank. It does not go as planned.)

Notes:

(See the end of the work fornotes.)

Work Text:

Every squad has their traditions. For Bakugou, Kirishima, and Kaminari, their most important tradition is a monthly slumber party (“Not sleepover,” Kaminari insists, “They’re different .”) during which Kirishima whines about balancing his social life with his academic life with his gym routine, Kaminari whines about his constant sexual frustrations, and Bakugou drinks himself into oblivion so that he doesn’t have to question his choice in friendships.

Except this time it’s three o’clock in the morning—the hour of bad ideas, really—and Bakugou Katsuki is nowhere to be seen because he apparently has a test coming up and insisted that he wasn’t “going to let some dumb sleepover get between me and my perfect GPA.”

Kirishima sort of gets it but Kaminari most definitely doesn’t— especially since Bakugou keeps calling it a sleepover when it is most certainly not. As far as the blond is concerned, Bakugou has no loyalty and is most definitely a traitor.

“I can’t believe this,” Kaminari repeats for what is probably the millionth time. “After everything we’ve done for him.”

He’s idly slumped over Kirishima’s desk, full of annoyance and empty of empathy. For his part, the owner of the room is lying down on the floor, a Nintendo DS left idle atop his bare chest because his brain is too fried to properly come up with a Fire Emblem strategy. The redhead sighs, “Don’t take it to heart—he’s just busy. Life does that sometimes.”