Chapter 21: The Beginning of the End

HERE'S THE UPDATE SIS

So it was my birthday last September 13th (ages ago, I know) and as a gift, my dear amazing fabulous friend WonkaDonk made me the video that I have linked to this chapter "Your Move Characters as Vines". (P.S: For all of you who are reading after December 2018, this book used to be called "Your Move") (P.P.S: Syren used to be called Siren but I changed it because I can :P)

I swear when I watched it I cried of joy and laughter. Vines are a guilty pleasure of mine and it was so nice of her to make that for me.

Please check it out and show some support as she is really amazing!!

So here it is, the long awaited chapter.

And it just so happens to be the beginning of the end.

><

I awoke the next morning to the sight of tangled white bed sheets and limbs intertwined. Turning my head to the right, a silent smile tugged at my lips as I watched Syren sleeping peacefully beside me. The morning light bounced off of her pale skin and intricate scales, causing a warm glow to surround her like a halo.

She was captivating.

There was something about her that just seemed so innocent. Pure. Vulnerable. The complete opposite of the Syren I had fallen in love with.

The soft smile never left my face as I tucked a stray stand of pale hair behind her ear. Syren stirred a little but didn't wake, instead she snuggled closer to me, her head now resting in the crook of my neck while her arms wrapped around my bare torso and her legs around my waist.

Draping an arm over her, I pulled Syren even closer to me.

How in the name of the new age did I manage to make her fall in love with me?

It was easy for me as I found it was impossible to hate her.

She was too wonderful to hate.

A glimmer of something in the corner of the room caught my eye and I nearly gasped when I saw what it was. Wrapped around the Commander's spear where the blade met the shaft, was the pendant I had given her so long ago.

Originally I had given it to her as a thank you for saving my life but now...

I glanced back to Syren's sleeping form with wide eyes and my mind thought back to what my parents had wanted me to do with the pendant.

I wanted to laugh at the irony of it all but instead I buried my grin into the top of Syren's head, planting a kiss in her silky hair.

I am hers.

And she is mine.

My kiss seemed to pull Syren out of her unconscious state and back to me. The Commander blinked a few times and yawned but never moved out of the position she was in.

"Morning." She mumbled against my neck.

I kissed the top of her head again. "Morning."

Syren smiled and held me a little tighter. "How long have you been awake?"

"Not long."

Silver Eyes nodded in approval before sighing in content. Her eyes met mine in an adoring gaze. "I wish we could stay like this forever."

"Me too, I don't want to leave this room." I rested my head on top of hers and closed my eyes. "I just want to stay here with you."

"We can if you'd like."

"Then let's." I opened my eyes and looked out of the window. "But not today, there are some things we need to do."

"Like what?" Syren asked but her question was soon followed by a groan as I untangled myself from her body and stood up with a stretch.