Chapter 6: Vibrant Colours

What happens after death? Nothing for some, a new beginning for others. For me, it was a second chance.

One minute, I was engulfed in white light and the next, I could feel my senses come alive again and with my senses, came the memories.

Images of jumping off the cliff resurfaced and suddenly I felt my whole body contort in pain. Letting out a small scream, my eyelids flew open and I was momentarily blinded by the sunlight.

"Breathe human." I heard an indistinct voice come from somewhere to my right just as another wave of pain hit me, causing one more scream to pass my lips.

"Human, it's okay. You're okay." The same person soothed, sounding a little clearer now.

My vision began to clear up also, as I could make out the cloudless sky and the huge cliffs looming above. Slowly turning my head to cause the least amount of pain, I could see Silver Eyes crouched next to me.

"Hey." She smiled. "Quite the show you put on."

"I'm alive?" I could faintly hear my scratchy voice. The worst part was that I was slowly becoming more aware of my aching body. Every muscle of mine felt as if it was on fire, burning right to my bones.

"Yes, you're alive."

"H-how?" I choked as she moved a strand of my hair away from my face.

"I saved you. You're welcome by the way."

I never wanted to be saved, I thought but I didn't have the heart to say it.

"Why?" There was a thickness in my throat, making my voice sound a little strange.

My captor, or my saviour, smiled and inched closer to me, leaning in to whisper in my ear.

"You're an endangered species, I wasn't going to let you die." Her voice sent chills down my burning spine, making me shiver despite feeling like I've been set on fire. She then suddenly stood up and walked out of my line of vision.

"W-where are you going?" I stumbled over my words as I tried to move but my body protested, the aching growing stronger with every passing moment.

"Don't move until I come back." She sounded like she was a few feet away.

"Is that meant to be a joke?" I grumbled, I could faintly hear her laugh.

As she walked back into my view, I saw that she was singlehandedly carrying a very large log, something that would require at least fifteen humans to lift. To say she impressed me would be an understatement.

She set the log down behind my body with a small thump.

"How long was I gone for?" I asked as she helped me sit up, leaning my body against the big log that she had so effortlessly carried over.

"Three days." She shrugged, sitting opposite me.

"Three whole days?" I nearly shouted, regardless of my tingling throat.

"Yes, now calm down before you strain yourself." She then held out her pale hand to me. The intricate scales shimmered in the sunlight.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to heal you, take my hand." She said, staring at me patiently.

"You can do that?" I questioned. No way monsters can do magic too.

"I've seen it although I have never practiced it before. All I know is that you needed to be awake."