The Christmas Letter

A/N: Thank you all for such sweet comments! I had such fun writing this chapter and I hope you have just as much fun reading it. Yes, this is a bit short but I think it'll be worth it. Also, the next chapter is going to be a christmas chapter and maybe even the chapter after that, so I didn't want to use all up all of my Christmas magic on this chapter ;)

Anna got up at her normal time, since she already had her bag packed, and went to breakfast. Not many people were there for the Holidays. Severus was there so she got her a plate of croissants, bacon, and sausage before sitting by her friend, filling her goblet with pumpkins juice. He looked at her, "I thought you were leaving this morning." She grinned, "After breakfast. Did you get some sleep?" He nodded, "I took some sleeping draught. Are you sure you should go out in this weather? It's cold. She shrugged, "All I'm gonna do is fly until I get off of Hogwarts territory and then apparate. He nodded and they both turned their focus to their plates.

Anna finished her food and made to leave the mess all, only stopping at the Gryffindor table to say goodbye. Then, she headed to the hospital wing to check on Hermione. Finally, she was ready to leave.

Anna made sure to wear warm clothes. She had on a thick red winter cloak, lined with fake fur (because what kind of animagus wore real fur?) under this she had a red turtle neck and a pair of muggle jeans and brown, leather boots. She had on the same sort of gloves they used for quiditch lined with soft (also fake) fur on the inside so she still had full control of her broom. The witch even had on a pair of thick socks and white ear muffs just in case. She, of course, had her Gryffindor scarf too.

-Time Skip-
Anna landed a good ways a way from the castle in the thick white snow. Her teeth chattered but she was still quite warm. She apparated and appeared in the woods in front of her and her husband's wooden house, which now had a roof coated with snow. She had brought Avalon, leaving the cage at the castle. She had a spare cage at their house and she would never be able to ride a broom with the bulky owl cage with her. The elegant owl sat proudly on her master as they approached the front door.

Anna didn't quite know why she had rung the the door bell to her own house but by the time this occurred to her she could already hear someone at the other side. Remus opened the doors, apparently in mid-sentence, but froze when he saw her. She jumped into his arms for a hug and he picked her up, spinning her a little before pulling her into a deep kiss.

She pulled away when she heard giggling in the background and blushed when she saw Molly and Arthur (the person not the owl) sitting in the background, grinning. Molly smirked, "Oh, don't stop on our account!" Anna pulled away and smiled warmly at her friend, hugging her, "Molly! It's been a couple months since I last saw you!" Molly nodded, "Oh yes! Much too long, dearie! Me and Arthur just came to have a cup of tea and drop off your presents!" Anna grinned, "Wait a moment! I have yours!"

She made the presents appear. They were still wrapped. They got Molly some things she needed like a new, cute apron and oven mitts and a dress. They got Arthur some manuals for muggle appliances, along with some smaller muggle things like toys. Molly smiled, thanked them, and headed to the fire place with their floo powder, muttering something about the two needing some time alone.

When the Weasley's were gone, Anna suddenly found her swept into another kiss, which turned into a snog session that left her blushing with cheeks as red as Fawkes' feathers. Anna lightly slapped her husband's chest, "Warn me, next time before you sweep me off my feet, ya werewolf Prince Charming!" Remus grinned, "I can't help it if you look absolutely stunning with snow in your hair." Anna leaned into his touch before pulling away reluctantly to shed her cloak, boots, scarf, gloves, ear muffs, and scarf. She tied her hair into a ponytail, "I was going to make gingerbread cookies from an old family recipe my grandma taught me when I was young. You can help me."

They got the ingredients out and mixed everything together. They cut shapes of gingerbread wizards and dragons. They used a cat cookie cutter which they planned to decorate to be a fox and a dog one to be a werewolf. Anna had just put the cookies in the oven, only to turn around and get a pile of flour blown into her face. She glared playfully and threw some back. He began chasing her around the kitchen with flour covered hands before finally catching her. He spun the giggling girl around and kissed her again, "I love you, my little red riding hood." She smiled, "I love you more than you will ever know, my wonderful wolf.."

The timer for the cookies went off and she waved her wand, instantly cleaning the flour from the kitchen before taking the cookies out. They decorated the cookies with silly faces and bright colors, as if they were children.

Later on, they set to work on their tree. It was a bit late to decorate the tree but they always did it together. Anna waved her wand and several gold lights illuminated the tips of each branch. Soon, they decorated the tree with ornaments they had collected over the years like the dragon battling the knight and the golden snitch and a wolf which they glued to a fox ornament. It was a whole wonderful menagerie of cute little mementos from their pasts. They spent a while draining hot chocolate on the couch just watching it and talking.

-Time Skip-
It was about time for bed when Anna walked over the Avalon's perch by the window, holding a thick red envelope with gold ribbon clutched in her fist She took out her quill and wrote on the front:

Azkaban (cell #2217)
To: Sirius Black
From: Anna Lupin

The witch sighed and held the envelope out to Avalon and told her where to take it and watched the bird take off into the night. She finished off another mug of steaming hot chocolate before taking her place by her husband in bed and falling straight to sleep.

-Azkaban; Cell #2217-

Azkaban was as dreary as always, even during the Christmas season. The only difference was they got better food on Christmas, which was in two days, since tomorrow was Christmas Eve. Sirius watched as a guard rolled his heavy mail cart by the cells, dropping off family letters and gifts (which were all inspected prior to delivery), he slumped against the wall. He knew he wasn't going to get anything. He never did. They all probably still thought him a traitor, even Anna, who'd he'd always seen as a sister to him.

He was so lost in his misery, he didn't notice that the mail cart had stopped at his cell until a booming voice called out to him, "SIRIUS BLACK?"

He jumped and nodded with some hesitation, "Yes?" The large man rolled his eyes before grumbling, "You've got mail." The envelop was tossed through the bars and the man scrambled for it before it hit the slightly moist ground, in fear of it getting ruined. He held it gently in his hand and looked at the label before beaming. It was Annabelle! Red had sent him something after all these years! He was so excited, he didn't even realize that the label had said 'Lupin' instead of 'Evans.'

He wasted no time untying the ribbon and ripping open the small package and he grinned at want he found. Pictures. She had sent him photographs of their school days. He flipped through every single one until he got to a picture of a much older woman with a man and he realized with tears in his eyes that these people were Moony and Red. He hugged the photo to his chest and looked back in the envelope to find a letter there one crisp parchment.

Dear Siri,
I know it has been a while since we have last spoken. I'm not sure what to believe. The evidence tells my brain you murdered James and Lilly...but my memory tells my heart that the man I knew, the man I considered my brother, would never betray his friends. I honestly don't know what my state of mind his for this letter. I'm still not sure of your innocence, but I know that no man should be alone on Christmas. Merry Christmas, Padfoot. I hope these pictures will make your sentence a little more bearable and I pray that they will aid you in keeping your sanity.
Love,
Annabelle

Sirius chuckled softly, "I knew that if anyone would believe me, it'd be you, Annabelle. Merry Christmas." And, indeed, for Sirius Black, it was the most wonderful Christmas present he had ever received, knowing that Anna didn't hate him, not completely.