Chapter 10 : Safe?

*Hello ladies and gents and welcome to the 10th chapter of The Secrets of a Nation. I am really enjoying this book so far and I hope you are to. Anyway, let's get into this, shall we?*

(Lithuania's POV)

I smiled as I watched Poland enthusiastically chat with his roommate, South Korea. Ever since they had become roommates they were practically inseparable. Even though they were the ones who invited me to join them I kinda feel out casted just watching them talk. Although it's not something I'm jealous of I feel a slight pang of hurt as I watch them continue on their conversation like I'm not even there.

They don't even try to make a way so I can contribute at all. I slowly get up and walk away. They don't even make a move to stop me. As soon as I reach the doors I leave the room. My back leaning against the door. It's quiet. That's always how it is around me. Quiet. I felt so empty as I sat there just thinking. This wouldn't have been the first time I've done this anyway.

Then I heard voices talking in a hushed manner. I quietly say there for a minute wondering who was out here. When I couldn't think of who it was I tried to hear what they were saying. No luck. I just sighed before I followed the voices. I walked past the dorm rooms where I noticed Turkey leaning up against a door along with one of the other doors closing.

They weren't the ones talking though. I turned to look the other direction where the meeting room sat. When I peeked my head in though it was completely empty. When I was about to go look for the voices again I saw something move in the shadows. I froze and looked but it didn't appear again. I just shrugged my shoulders and blamed it on my imagination.

I sighed in frustration. I still couldn't find the voices. I sat on the ground and just listened again. Suddenly I heard the voices again, and they were definitely closer. I quickly stood up and followed the sound not wanting to miss the opportunity. When I was walking I came to a dead stop at the beginning of the hallway that we never use.

No doubt about it this is where the voices came from. I quickly scanned over the doors in the hallway. The one at the very end of the hallway had light filtering from under the door. I took a deep breath before I quietly stalked my way over to the door. When I finally made it I slowly turned the handle and peeked my head in.

Inside I saw America and Italy talking excitedly about whatever they could think of. They seemed so peaceful, so content. They were both leaning against each other seeming to enjoy the closeness and contact. I could just feel my heart melt at the innocence and warmness of it all a smile growing on my face. Right when I was about to leave it seems America had spotted me. "Lithuania?"

(Poland's POV)

Me and South Korea were talking for awhile and I felt kinda bad for leaving Liet out of it. "Hey Liet like what do you... think?" I asked him but when I turned around he was no longer there. "Hey South Korea like do you know where Lithuania went?" I asked turning to him. "Maybe he already went on ahead, we probably didn't hear him while we were talking?" He suggested.

"Maybe." I replied. "We should maybe go to bed as well." I added looking around at the now very small crowd of nations. "Okay~" he said before he stood up and offered me his hand. I gratefully took it and we made our way to our shared room. Upon entry we both got comfortable in our beds. "Night." I said. "Sleep tight." Was South Korea's reply. And with that the lights turned off.

(Lithuania's POV)

I had been caught red handed and I didn't know what to do. "Wait Lithuania is here?" I heard Italy ask. I had two options run for it and pretend this never happened or give myself up. I didn't get much off a choice though since America quickly got up and pulled me into the room. I felt trapped and that the worse may come so of course I started to panic.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry it won't happen again I swear!" I started to beg as I tried to wiggle out of his hold. I heard them start to say stuff to me but I couldn't even hear what they were saying anymore in my panic. Italy put a hand on my shoulder, probably trying to calm me down, but I just flinched away in response, my breathing becoming ramped.

I looked up to see a very hurt look across his face as he kind of shrank away. I screwed my eyes shut so I wouldn't have to see the face America was making. I felt his hand leave my wrist only to land on my shoulders. I suddenly felt warmth envelop me. It was soothing, like I was safe. I felt my breathing even out. My knees buckled as we both slowly sank to the floor.

I heard America whisper comforting things into my ear to try and calm me down as he ran a comforting hand through my hair. Then I felt a gentle hand move in nice, calming circles across my back. When I looked to see who it was I saw a brown curl bouncing with joy. "Your safe now." I heard him say. Safe? Yes. He was right. I'm safe now. With that comforting thought I feel into a peaceful sleep.

*and that ladies and gents was the 10th chapter of the Secrets of a Nation. I hope you guys are enjoying this book so far and I can't wait to hear your response. Anyway I'll see you all next time, Bye!*