20. Silli Silli Hawa - Part II

A/N: A BONUS chapter! Aren't you happy? The youtube video up there 👆 - Yeah. It's created by me. Ta-Da! (BUT it's in no way related to this story.. just the song) So go to the my YouTube page now and please suscribe and like my videos if you like them. No pressure. Like - none at all. 😄

Okay, so let's get ahead then?

**************************************

Zubiya took some deep breaths before she finally followed Asfand and headed down towards Gaiti bhabi's room.

After a couple hours

Asfand stood next to Daniyal bhai as he tried to support him while Zubiya stood opposite as she couldn't withstand taking a seat at this moment.

Asfand hadn't tried to talk to her again after they came down from the terrace. And she hadn't approached him as well even though she wanted to as she felt ashamed. Guilty.

How could she just utter those words?

A nurse came out, suddenly breaking them out of their thoughts. When Asfand and Daniyal bhai quickly rushed towards her the nurse softly smiled at all of them and announced, "It's a girl. Congratulations to all of you."

Daniyal bhai smiled widely and hugged Asfand tightly, as he said tearfully, "I have a daughter."

And then he was enveloped in a hug by everyone. Lubna aunty kissed his forehead and hugged him again.

Zubiya stood back as she watched them with happy tears running down her cheeks. She tried to surreptitiously wipe them but fresh ones arrived not long after.

Asfand's heart craved to gather her in a hug. But he knew after they had talked at the terrace they needed to have a serious conversation.

He felt cold every time he remembered those words - And it can be put to a stop as well.

After Daniyal bhai headed inside to check upon Gaiti bhabi and his newborn daughter Zubiya was engulfed in a hug by Lubna aunty and her Mamo.

She tearfully hugged them back, desperately needing their hug.

Asfand and Zubiya stood apart on two sides as they waited for their chance to meet the newborn baby.

Both tried to avoid meeting each other's eyes and were relieved when Lubna Aunty came out and sent them inside.

Entering the room wasn't a different experience for her. Years back she had had been excited to meet her own brother's child. And now it was another brother and sister-in-law's child, she was excited to meet.

Watching Daniyal bhai holding on to the baby made her miss her own nephew and despite everything her own brother.

She directly headed towards Gaiti bhabi and hugged her as tightly as she could without hurting her. After shedding some tears with her she turned to hug Daniyal bhai.

Her breath caught when she saw the baby in Asfand's arms. She almost tripped and was caught by Daniyal bhai who held her upright. She quickly removed her eyes away from Asfand as she congratulated Daniyal bhai. And then slowly walked towards Asfand who was still looking down at the baby in such an amazed manner that it made her heart beat run fast.

"Hi. Can I- ?" Zubiya whispered to Asfand, who finally removed his eyes from the baby. He looked at her and then down back again, almost as if he didn't want to let go of her. Almost. Because soon he started instructing her how to hold a baby, but stopped when she calmly informed him that she knew how to hold one as she herself is also a doctor. Asfand reluctantly put the baby in her arms.