14. Gair Kanooni (Unofficial)

A/N: Okay, my dear Deewanies and Mastaanies. 5 days, was it? I am truly sorry for taking such a long time. But do I ever disappoint you guys? Nai, na? I always get back with a BANG! Now, that's my style. Okay, enough talk about me and my style.. Agar main baat karne baith jaaungi to... karti hi rahungi. Lol. Let's just head back to where we left them shall we, now?

*******************************

Recap:

"Did you just say that you miss me?" A voice interrupted her thoughts and she glanced up, startled to find the person who had taken up her entire thoughts standing in front of her.

In a trance, she watched as Asfand made his way slowly towards her while she stood still for a few seconds. Coming out of her trance she quickly moved a few steps back only to be stopped by the hard wall behind her.

She gasped as she felt Asfand trapping her between himself and the wall as he stood very close in front of her, gazing into her eyes with such passion that she almost felt weak at the knees.

"So, you missed me?" Asfand asked softly, bringing his mouth closer to her ear.

*******************************

She shivered as she pulled back, and looked down in shyness. Asfand stood back himself giving her some space. She looked up to find him smirking at her as she collected herself. She gasped as the first thing she noticed from close was the lack of his long locks.

Her hand automatically rose to touch his hair, forgetting her previous shyness.

"Your- Your hair?" She asked him, as she looked at him quizzically.

"Cut them. I think it was big time I cut them. Ammi has been pestering me for a long time. Why - don't you like this hairdo or do you miss my long hair?" Asfand said, smiling at her teasingly as he ran his right hand through his hair.

Zubiya's throat dried up as she found that little action really distracting.

She cleared her throat softly, "No. I mean- it's not like that. You look good with both the hairdos."

"Why - thank you!" Asfand said as he did a little bow, making Zubiya chuckle softly and shake her head at her own foolishness.

Asfand smiled softly as he gazed at her with an endearing look. Zubiya looked away shyly, unable to bear the soft look he gave her.

This feeling was out of the world as she had never felt so cherished. Not even with Rameez. She had always felt her sixth sense or something in the pit of her stomach trying to forewarn her with Rameez. As if she already knew that his motives weren't good. But with Asfand, she felt safe. She felt... top of the world would be the perfect term. Yes. She felt exactly that. Top of the world.

But why did she still feel as if she didn't deserve this? Why did she still feel as if she was living a dream? How can a person be so lucky as her?

"Please stop looking at me like that." Zubiya softly said as she looked down at her hands.

"Like what?" Asfand asked her back calmly, and waited for her response.

"Like- like you care for me! Like you love me!" Zubiya exclaimed at him, frustratedly.

"Why should I stop when I do all of the above that you just mentioned?" Asfand fired back at her.

"You shouldn't! Because I don't deserve you! And you don't deserve me - you deserve a girl, much better than me.. who doesn't carry so much baggage in her life!" Zubiya finally shouted out, leaving her almost breathless.