Own Worse Enemy

Xander's Pov

I watched Theresa fall asleep, wondering to myself how I got so lucky. Not only do I get to know her, and work with her. I get to spend most of my time with her. There was so much I hadn't yet told her, I was instructed to let her find everything out on her own.

It was becoming more and more difficult to keep my secrets. I could feel the secrets bubble up my throat every time I talked to Theresa.

How do I tell this beautifully broken, fragile woman; that I know a whole hell of a lot more than I've lead on?

Hell, I may know a lot more then she does.

Oh I wish I hadn't listened to him. He seemed like he knew best but now, I wasn't so sure.

I really needed to get Theresa interested in her father's book. They should explain everything, so I wouldn't have to.

I was not confident that I could. What does one even say?

"Hey, you need to read your dad's books" that would raise too many questions.

Plus, she seemed very angry with her family right now. She hasn't even, so much at look at them.

I'm sure she was tired of the betrayal by now.

Little did she know, there was still so much to come her way.

All I could really do was hope for the best; maybe she will learn to be forgiving. Or at least not hate me enough to do the show.

Filling my brain with self-doubts, worries, and future concerns that's were way past my control anymore.

After who knows how long of torturing myself, I decide to take what borrowed time I had with Theresa for total granted.

I wrapped my arms around her, burying my face in her blissfully amazing smelling hair. She made a soft happy sound and cuddled into me as if she had been waiting for me to lay down. I went to sleep wondering just how overwhelming the collateral damage was going to be, by the time everything is played out.

Someone was pacing through the room, I shifted slightly only to pull Theresa closer to me. I peeked at Casey's bed, everything was blurry but I'm sure she is laying in her bed. Whatever must have been something in my dream.

Thud, thud, thud. Counting slowly to three, so I didn't just yell at Casey for being annoying while I tried to sleep. I lifted my head up and again saw no one. Whatever was going on was really starting to get under my skin.

I tried to stay awake but pretend to be asleep.

The pretending didn't last long.

Waking to what felt like someone hitting my foot as they ran past the bed, then the door to the room slammed open. I had jumped up when I felt something jerk my foot all I saw was a blur of what looked like black hair running out the door. It pulled closed behind whoever ran out.

Looking around the room, mainly making sure no one else was in here with me.

The girls didn't even wake up.

I scratched my head and checked the door. It was still locked; deadbolt and all.

How the hell did someone get in here?

I pace around the room, eventually chalking it up to some spirit coming to Theresa. I climbed back into bed. I was out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I stumbled out of dreamland and became aware of something nudging my arm and rocking me a bit.

I was laying on my side, I didn't have the energy to open my eyes.