Chapter 17, The Tuth behind it all

It was a day after the fight & the 2nd task was coming up. I tried my best to avoid Cedric which was hard since we were in the same
living space but I managed .....until it was time for dinner.
On the way to the door that leads out of the dorm, I went to grab a snack, but Cedric spotted me & pinned me to the wall.

Cedric: "I'm sorry Hannah"

Hannah: "Let me go! I don't want to speak to you"
I said struggling to get out of his strong grip.

Cedric: "Truly Hannah I love you. I don't know what got into me that night"

Me: "That's no excuse Cedric. All those things you said made me realize who you truly are"
He then went in for a forced kiss but I pulled back and slapped him.

Cedric: "Ouch, What was that for !"

Me: "For being a doosh bag and thinking this would just be settled with a kiss. That I would fall back into your arms and forgive you that easily. Well you were wrong"

Ced: "Pleas Hannah I love you. Just let me explain what happened."
Cedric said begging On his knees.

Cedric: "Please....For me"
A few tears dropped down Cedric's checks. I've never seen Cedric cry. His eyes seemed pure but also in pain. He really did love me and I could feel it. But why would he do something like this?

Me: "Fine I'll listen but don't expect me to forgive  you. Now would you please get me off the wall."

Ced: "Yes Of course"
Ced led me to the Sofa with tears still dripping on his checks as we sat down.

Cedric: "I don't remember most of what happened. The last thing I can remember was getting you some butter beer and talking to Veronica because we both share a few classes together. She handed me some butter beer and as soon as I know it I see you crying. Then it hit me all I did that night and I hate myself for it. I didn't want to see you crying because I love you! Not Veronica! I barley even remember what I did, just a few parts & I don't know what got in to me. I'm completely honest."

Me: "It sounds to me that you were under a love potion considering the side affects"

Ced: "Oh I'm going to get that Veronica!"

Me: "Stay here & don't move. I'll handle it."

I rushed to the dinning room and spotted Veronica. I grabbed her by the arm avoiding her questions as she was trying to resist, but I was stronger. I rushed her to me & Cedric's dorm and plopped her on the couch. I then grabbed my truth serum I kept in the muggle fridge in my room were I put all the potions I practice on.

Me: "Drink a sip of this"

Veronica: "No I don't know what it is! And why am I here! I'm telling the minister if you don't let me go "

Ced: "Sit Down! We won't hurt you I promise"
Veronica then settled down.

Me: "This is a truth serum. It's to tell us if you really used a love potion on Cedric to make him say the things he did and why you did it.

Veronica: "For all I know it could kill me or it's the wrong one"

Cedric: "Hannah scored the highest on Owl's last year for potions so I think you're in safe hands."

Me: "Plus if you don't, we will report you to Dumbledore which would be more than happy to hear that you used the potion for the wrong cause and that is now illegal to buy & make"
I said with a smirk on my face.

Veronica: "Fine"
Veronica then took a sip of the serum and her eyes turned into a bright yellow color.

Me: "Did you or did you not use the potion on my Ced"

Veronica: "Yes"

Ced: "Why would you do that?"

Veronica: "It was an accident. I meant to use it on someone else but I accidentally gave the potion to Cedric."

Me: "Why did you go along with it?"

Veronica: "Because Cedric seemed so kind to you and he was treating me the way he treated you and I wanted that for a change. I don't always attract the right men."

Cedric: "Will you ever use a potion again for one of your stupid shenanigans?"

Veronica: "No. I saw the way it affected you two and I feel awful. I'm truly sorry"
The potion started to wear off since I only made her take a sip.

Me: "You're free to go Veronica"

Veronica: "What did I say?"

Ced: "You said what was needed to be said.
Now please go"
Veronica then left to eat dinner relived.

Cedric: "I still want to make it up you you. Let me have some of that truth serum."
I pulled the serum away from him

Me: "No it's fine I trust you Ced. I forgive you"

Cedric: "Pleas Hannah.....I want to"
Cedric said to me with his puppy dog eyes.

Hannah: "Okay ...if you really want to but you don't have to"
Cedric took the potion from my hands, but just as he was about to take a sip....

Cedric: " I just want to let you know that after I take this & you hear anything you don't like, you have every reason to hate me. Just know that I love you no matter what I can't stand the thought of loosing you. I want to do this because it feels like this is the only way to prove to you how much I love you"

Me: "I love you too Cedric"
I said with a few tears hitting the floor.
Cedric then took a medium sized sip. His eyes began to turn yellow.