Chapter 4, School begins

After we grabbed our books and supplies, Cedric and I walked to the green house which held our 1st period, Herbology. I'm so lucky that he has the same first period as me, or I would have gotten lost in the gigantic hallways.

Cedric: "We don't have to rush to Mrs.Pomona Sprout's class. She's really nice and doesn't care if you arrive 2 minutes late. Plus, she loves me."

Me:"That's nice of her. I assume we are learning about GillyWeed since it's the first chapter of Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean"

Cedric: "Yep, we started that yesterday "

We arrived at our first period and I was welcomed by Mrs.Ponoma our Herbology teacher.

Mrs.Ponoma : "You must be the new student Hannah James. Professor Dumbledore has told the staff so much about you. All good things of course. I heard that you got a perfect score on you final year of Herbology last year."

Cedric: "Wait even better than mine?"

Mrs.Ponoma: "Luckily my dear, you did miss only one question on your exam which is very impressive Cedric, but Miss.James here missed none. You both are very intelligent academic wise. Possibly will make a good team"

Me:" Thank you Mrs.Ponoma"

Mrs.Ponoma: "The only thing you missed yesterday was the introduction of Gillyweed and the assignment about the essay you have to write about"

Me: "Oh I already finished that yesterday. I asked Dumbledore to send me an owl about the things to catch up on,since I knew I would miss the 1st day"
I hand her the 5 page essay and she smiles at me.

Mrs.Ponoma: "Welcome to Hogwarts Miss.James"
She then walks away and teaches the class information about Gillyweed. Me and Cedric don't pay attention because this is all just review for the both of us.

Cedric: "1st day and your already the teachers pet"

Me: "Thx. I didn't know that a boy like you would have brains"

Cedric: "A boy like me? "

Me: "Oh not in a offensive way. I mean it's just that attractive boys aren't usually smart because they focus on what hair gel to use and girls all the time. Not that your attractive.......no wait ...I'm not calling you ugly either. I mean ...I'm not saying you only focus on girls either. I mean ... I will shut up now."

Cedric laugh hysterically.

Cedric: "Well thank you for calling me attractive and I don't wear hair gel. And I don't just focus on girls. Yes I can be a flirt sometimes, but I don't continue flirting for long unless I actually like the person. I look at what the girl has on the inside. What stands out. But I mainly focus on my studies because they are important.

I was left speechless. There was an awkward silence, but we where then saved by the bell.