Chapter 2, The Truth Behind it All

After dinner, me and Cedric went back to the dorms to settle in. We both sat on the living room couch and talked.

Cedric: "So tell me more about you. I know that you're new to Hogwarts,but what made you  transfer?"

Me: "My dad had a job in US and I went to Ilvermony School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He got a job offer over here in England so he took me and my mother with him over the summer. I still got to choose which school of wizardry I wanted to attend and I choose this one. The academic scores here at Hogwarts are higher than IIvermony and let's just say I never really fit in. All the classes where not a challenge for me and there was just too much drama. I only had one friend there and everyone else hated me because they where just convinced I cheated some how because I would always get perfect scores. Normally no one would actually care, but they did because the teachers would always punish them with extra work and compare them to me."

Cedric: "That's awful"

Me:"Yeah, but the main reason why I transferred was because of academics"

Cedric: " I'm just curious, but why is it that I never heard your last name before? Dumbledore told me about your titles and your past ancestry of great wizards and witches. I would expect to hear your last name more often."

Me:"Oh ummmmm......"
I was kind of hesitant. I wasn't sure if I could tell Cedric about my personal ancestry. I just met him after all. But, something about him  just made me feel like I could trust him.

Cedric: "I'm sorry to ask. Yo don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

Me:"Oh, don't worry. It's just that....my parents are considered muggles. My Grandfather fell in love with a muggle and had my mother. My mother unfortunately was also born a muggle. She then married my dad Richard James,  and now here I am. It's like my family skipped a generation of wizards. Pleas don't tell anyone because people like me get made fun of and are called mud bloods and it's very hurtful."
I looked at him with weary eyes hoping he was different.

Cedric: "Don't worry I won't tell anyone. But In my personal opinion, there is nothing wrong with having muggles as parents. It makes you who you are and it affects nothing"

I smile at him, but stop instantly when I remember last year when I fell in love with my ex boyfriend Jacob. He broke up with me for no reason at all and told the whole school that I was a mud blood. I was bullied even more since then.

Cedric: "What's wrong?"
He gives me a concerning look and runs his fingers threw my hair.

Me: "Oh it's nothing. I just remembered when my ex boyfriend broke up with me, he told everyone at my old school I was a mud blood and I was bullied a lot after that."
I cried a tear but held them back. I didn't want to show Cedric I was sad.

Cedric: "You really loved him, Hugh?"

Me: "He was my first love, but that's over now. I'm way over him. He never even told me why he broke up with me so that was a jerky move.It just hurts me that he would do something like that, tell the whole school such a stupid thing."
Cedric holds me in his arms and kisses my forehead.

Cedric: "Hannah James, he's just a bloody Jack ass. It's sickening what people can do. I would never treat you like that, never" 

My heart sunk. Not only Cedric was hot, he was also a gentleman. I couldn't help but imagine how it would feel like if I kissed his soft pink lips.

Cedric: "Well it's getting late, we should head to bed"

Me:"Oh yeah I'm tired anyways"

We both walked into the hall where both separate bedrooms where right next to eachother. I opened the door to my bedroom and looked over at him. He was looking right back at me with a cheeky smile.

Cedric: "Goodnight Hannah"

Me: "Good night Cedric"
We both walked into our rooms and called it a night.