Chapter 16

Piper's POV

"Weak" Tasha growled, looking down at me. "I'll kill you fast" She smirked, and, still angry about Kyle, I felt power course through my veins, and I shifted.

Not easily I growled through a mind link I created. She shifted as well, and I launched at her. I snapped at her neck, but she dodged it. I was quick, and I avoided her pathetic attempts to hit me, but I forgot about her army in the woods. I was about to launch my next attack when two wolves came from behind me, and I spun around just in time for them to knock me into a tree. I heard a crack, and I howled in pain. My vision blurred as I got up, and I steadied myself. I growled, and took a step forward before pain flared throughout my body. I stumbled, and fell to the ground. Tasha shifted back, and she laughed as she watched me force my eyes open.

"You'll never win" I snarled with the last of my strength. I heard growling from around me. My vision slowly blackened until I was in complete darkness, and I lost consciousness.

***
Dakota's POV

Follow them!  I ordered a group of wolves through the pack link, and they obeyed. I ran after them, and I made sure to stay silent, and mask my scent. I stopped when they stopped, and I hid in the forest. I saw Piper, and my heart did flips. The only things that held me back was the fact that she was fighting Tasha, and I couldn't interfere. It seemed to be a fair fight until two wolves joined into the battle, and that's when I heard a sickening crack. I watched as Piper attempted to stand, but she fell in a heap. I growled, and let my wolf take control. Our rage blended, and we launched at Tasha before she could touch Piper. My wolf was larger than hers, and I smashed her to the ground. Her head hit the floor, and I growled at her as she attempted to attack me. She hurt my mate, and now she would feel the pain. I picked her up with my jaws and flung her at a tree, and no one interfered. All the other wolves, my packs and Tasha's, were battling around us. I heard a crack, and I knew Tasha had broken something, and I launched at her, and before she knew what was happening I snapped her neck.

***

The other wolves retreated quickly, and I smirked at their cowardliness. I was about the congratulate my fellow packmates before I remembered Piper. I ran over to her limp body, and I whined as I nudged her head. She was still in her wolf form, and I knew that in order to fully help her she needed to be in her human form.

Get me some clothes I growled through the mind link, and one of the wolves came with two pairs of close for me and Piper. Go back to the pack I ordered, and they obeyed. As soon as they were out of sight I shifted back, and I put on my clothes before I went to Piper.

"Hey, Piper, I need you to shift... Please" I whispered, stroking her fur. Her eyes opened slightly, and I smiled down at her. "Please" I whispered again. She seemed to understand, and she shifted, but when she shifted she blacked out again. I didn't waste time examining her as I put clothes on her. I carried her in my arms bridal style, and I started jogging back to the pack house. I was overjoyed by the fact she was in my arms again, but I still wanted to rip every rogue apart. I pulled her closer to my chest, and I picked up my pace as her breathing became uneven. I stopped when I reached the pack house, and the pack was gathered around waiting.

"I need all Pack Doctors who aren't busy tending to her" I motioned to Piper, who was still unconscious in my arms. One of the pack doctors walked up to me.

"Follow me Beta Dakota" The doctor said, and he started walking, and I followed him before we reached a bed. "Set her down, we will begin helping her immediately." The doctor said, and I gently placed my mate down, and she whimpered. The doctor pulled out a chair for me to sit down, and I sat in it before grabbing Piper's hand. She seemed to smile as I held her hand in mine, and I smiled slightly. "You being here will help her heal quicker than normal" The doctor said, "Physical Contact," The Doctor motioned to our hands. "Also helps put their minds at ease" The doctor nodded at me before leaving to get supplies.

"Piper, I know I haven't really told you this, but I love you" I murmured, and I squeezed her hand lightly. Her eyes opened barely, and she smiled slightly.

"I love you too" She said softly, and she gently squeezed my hand again. "I'll be ok" She smiled, and then she drifted into unconsciousness. I was smiling uncontrollably, and I knew in my heart she was going to be alright. Even though she couldn't hear me I just felt like I needed to say it,

"Piper, You are my life and my love, if you left me I don't know what I would do" I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

***

A/N

YES!!! THIS UPDATE IS ON TIME! YEAAAAAAAAAAAH

I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!!

Well, if you guys didn't know, I have started a book called My Book Of Randomness! If you want to know more about me, Then read the book! I may also post information about future books there!!!

Please check out my friends books!

Jessieboo333
HorseyGirl0630
WolfyLover_444
GoldenTiara15
KennyGirl33
Balletmaster14
willowboo1 

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT HALLOWEEN!!! GET LOT'S OF CANDY!!! Eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup for me ;)

Anyway, Please

Vote

Comment

And

Share!

Until the next update (Monday)

Have a great week and Halloween

(I GOT TO 1000 WORDS FOR THIS CHAPTER!!!!)