~ Chapter Thirty-Eight ~

Chapter Thirty-Eight ~ The Truth: Love Conquers All

{ Part 2 }

Wiping the tears away while the elevator doors opening. Revealing all the workers to stop and stare again. It's like they knew what was happening- they do. Stepping out and setting my eyes on the door I panic. This can't be happening! My father, Thomas and Jen stand there but now with my mother, John and Harper Montgomery, Ben, Jess and Sasha, along with security guards as flashing lights come from outside. Paparazzi! Does everyone know that I'm here?! Obviously.

The look of disappointment and sadness is dressed on my family and friends face, everyone looks it. They are all like this because I'm not with Asher, for the guess I might be right as everyone's eyes are on me. I mean everyone. But he's probably making his way down in the elevator I came down with, that's now gone up.

Packing up the courage I finally move my legs forward. Step after step, the sound of my feet ring in my ear as that's all I can concentrate on.

"Tate" I hear my fathers voice, causing me to look at in shame and embarrassment of myself. I feel like a kid being disciplined for picking a wrong answer in a test. "You made your choice?" He asks, questioning me one last time, I look behind me to see the elevator door still closed.

"I think so-" I was about to reply to my fathers question until I'm interrupted by a voice. At first I thought it was John but I was mistaken, he was looking at the source of the voice. The source that's coming closer to me.

"You don't think so" Asher's voice erupts through the dead silent room, I'm starting to feel self conscious as everyone is watching: like workers and photographers. "Everyone carry on and someone get rid of the incoming paparazzi" Asher says like being able to read my mind, immediately everyone listens to him.

Just as I was about to turn and walk away Asher grabs my hand making me gasp in shock as the boxes fall. Asher warns me to leave it as he pulls me out the door and into his car, ignoring all the leftover paparazzi, I protest and try to break free of this capture. The emotions flood gates are about to break any second now.

My fingers pulling at the car door, hoping it will open but a misery frown makes it way on my face as the car suddenly speeds into the road. A slight scream erupts from my shock, I haven't even got safety in and here he is speeding through cars.

"Put your seatbelt on Tate" his voice rips through the car, his tone hard and daring me to defy him. But that's what I do because I don't want to be here. I can't be here.

"Stop the car and let me out" I say, my voice going rough from the anger I'm now feeling. Resting my back on the seat and placing my hands either side of me, why am I daring my safety?

"Tate put your dam seatbelt on!" He snaps at me, now he's angry to. This situation is going down hill as we're both not backing down.

"Stop the car Asher!" I shout as I begin to place my seatbelt on, noticing the smirk that forms on his lips as I obey him. "Stop the car!" I shout again, in fear for our life's as the cars flash by like a spot of light.

My eyes try to form a route to where we're going. Nothing coming to mind I start to panic, causing my body to slowly crumble.

"I think I'm going to be sick" I suddenly mumble, louder then I expected. My words make Asher listen and the time I know it, the car is pulled up next to a large empty park, flowers swaying in the wind.

Quick as flash, I dart out the car and onto the grass, bending over to catch my breath and to catch myself. Feeling Asher's hand resting on my back to attempt to comfort me, makes me feel hotter then I once was.