~ Chapter Fourteen ~

Chapter Fourteen ~ I'm Like A Business Deal & Friends Going On Holiday

I open the door to the apartment and wait for a moment and I listen. The time is late afternoon and I'm not sure if Asher is home. I walk in as it's quiet but a small gasp comes out my mouth. My eyes widen and I freeze.

"Hello Tate" Asher says, standing in the kitchen doorway looking at me with his arms folded and his face looking hard. "We need to talk" he states and walks closer to me.

"About what?" I gasp out as his hand strokes my cheek carefully.

"Come with me to my office" he states, "we will talk there-" he begins before my voice interrupting him.

"Talk there!" I snap, "so I'm like a business deal?!" I ask my anger with him is multiplying.

"Your not" he only says and I take a step back.

"Your kidding right?! I'm pretty much a business deal as I signed a bloody contract and getting told what to do, like having a ring on!" I snap showing him I'm still wearing it.

His face masks to emotionless but I can see he's having a mental argument with himself. His eyes roam my hand then return to gaze back into my eyes. That intelligent mind thinking, but what about?

"We still need to talk" his only reply is and I've closer to him so I'm right in front of him.

"About what?" I state in a powerful tone, daring him to answer.

"About this" he starts, those brown orbs burning into my with the emotions wanting to be released. "About terms and what's going to happen next" he tells me and I look at him.

"So what's going to happen next?" I question him, my eyes narrowed and my heart pumping with building anger.

"Let's discuss sitting down Tate" he says my name so blunt and I could hear the irritation in it.

"Tell me here Asher" I reply with the say blunt voice as him.

"Fine. In a week or couple of days we are booked in on the Harley Show to tell everyone we are engaged and then we are moving with the rest of the contact" he snaps at me, bitterness radiant in his voice.

The Harley Show is the most known talk show in the country, famous people come on for a quick talk about new films and so on. It's presented by Harley Jewel herself, a gorgeous confident woman who have seemed to met everyone. Her bleached blonde hair, bright blue eyes and bold red lips makes her look attractive to people but sometimes I see her as a barbie. What? She's ok... I guess.

I stand quietly looking at him. My mind registers it. I would need my friends to help but Ben and Jess are leaving tomorrow. I need to say bye still and everything is happening to fast. I was about to protest once my mind was made up but Asher beat me to it.

"No buts because it's finale, booked and tucked away" he states looking at me with hatred, his shoulders tensed and eyes making me want to bow to him.

"Fine" I snap at him as I see I've lost, I don't even realise my eyes watering up at the drastic change in my life.

I see his eyes slightly soften but I don't see much as I turn round as quick as lightning and make my way upstairs. Marching into the bedroom, slamming and locking the door behind me. I wobble over to the bed and fall on to it, grabbing a pillow and tucking my face in so my sobs are silent. I'm so emotional, I cry way to much recently. This isn't me. What's happening to me? Oh yeah everything.

~~~

I've woken up with mixed feelings. Firstly sadness, Jess and Ben are leaving for Italy and I'm off to say goodbye at the airport as it's the weekend. Secondly and lastly, anger, angry at Asher and even at myself, then slightly angry at my parents along with Asher's as they put me up to this. I haven't seen Harper and John Montgomery in awhile. Not since the contact.