~ Chapter Thirty-One ~

Chapter Thirty-One ~ The Engagement Turns To Hell

{Part Two}

I was still frozen in my spot until Asher shook me. I looked at him and felt my eyes watering up.

"Tate you ok?" I heard him say but I couldn't concentrate on him as my mind rushed with horrible scenarios.

"I'm fine, I'm fine everyone, please carry on" I put on a fake smile to everyone and they cautiously nod their head before going back to chatting and dancing. Both our parents rush over along with my Uncle George, Aunt Kelly, Clarke and Pipa. The twins must be somewhere.

"I'll be back" I say and stumble from the shock I'm processing. They tell me to go somewhere quiet but I shake my head and walk over to where Josie and Josh are. They seem to be talking and smiling to each other. Why do this to me?

"There's the star" Josh notices me and smiles widely, making me feel sick. I give him a nasty glare which he doesn't care about, only cares about himself.

"Congrats Tate" Josie sends me a dashing smile and I turn to look at her with confusion. But I keep my glare on Josh and was about to say something until I heard an angry Jess behind me.

"You!! What are you doing here!?! You should be in-" Jess snaps loudly at Josh and was about to start attacking him until a confused Ben holds her back. She's the only one to know.

"Woah" Josh interrupts her and pulls a slight smirk, "is that you Jess? You have grown beautifully" he smirks and I glare at him more.

"What's going on here?" I hear Asher say and places his hand on my shoulder. Turning to face him I see everyone who was behind me, my friends, my parents, Asher's parents and my uncle, aunt, Clarke and Pipa.

"Yeah Tate what's going on here?" I hear Josh say, obviously smirking. A scowl forms on Asher's face as he goes to study Josh.

"Outside now" I snap, "even you" I finish looking at Josie and storm out to the front of the house with everyone behind me confused. All apart from Josh and now Jess.

Once we are outside I'm in front of the group. On one side I have Josh and Josie standing not to close to him, the other side is everyone else. Tears start to prick my eyes as I can't believe what's happening, I'm becoming a mess. Josh is here smirking, Josie is acting innocent because how can she be cool after cheating on Asher and Jess is wanting to kill Josh.

"Want to tell us what's going on Tate?" My fathers questions me with a serious tone. Great. I breathe in them out to help my nerves.

"I think we better go inside, this seems out of our zone" I hear my aunt say, knowing her brothers serious voice she goes back in the house with Uncle George, Clarke and Pipa.

"First Josie I appreciate your congratulations but why are you really here?" I ask, my voice renaming calm even if my mind is telling me to go at her.

"Well-" she started until she got cut off by a person that surprised me the most.

"I invited her" Asher spoke up, taking a step closer to me and I look at him in shock along with Thomas.

"What?" Thomas and I breathe out, we look at each other and then at Asher.

"Dude I thought you didn't like her?" Thomas questions his friend and Asher rolls his eyes.

"I don't and I thought it would be nice" he says and I shake my head. Keep it together Tate.

"Ok" I say and it goes silent but I dare again. "But why are you back?" I question again to Josie and she suddenly shows this hidden smirk but it goes. It goes silent but my dad speaks.