Chapter 30: She'll Bring Honor To Us All

McGary's POV
There was no hesitation this time as both my hands wrapped around her. She was a bit stif from the weapons holstered to her sides and legs, but that didn't stop me from pulling her into me. She tasted like sweet mint as I coaxed my tongue on her bottom lip until she opened up and let me explore her. A soft moan erupted from both our lips while one of my hands wandered up into her hair and began to press her lips harder against mine.

All she could do was lean into me as I pinned her against the kitchen counter. Her smaller yet course hands had tangled themselves in my own hair.

This had to be it. This had to be what content felt like.

More deep moans erupted from me as she tugged my hair slightly before reluctantly pulling away. I lingered just a bit longer, not wanting this incredible sensation to end, but alas it did.

As she glanced up at me with proximity we both hadn't experienced since the cocktail event at Mushu's, all I could do was smile back down at her beautiful eyes. "I'm sorry it took me so long to do that."

"Again." I stated. "Do that again. Technically we've already done that once." Her face got rosy in color from my comment. " I just... I wanted to say thank you-"

"That was a thank you kiss?" I ask surprised. "Because if it was, just send me a new list of things I can do for you."

"No no," she continued, laughing at my comment, "that was an "I like you" kiss. I wanted to also thank you for everything you've done and helped me with. I'm not the greatest when it come to portraying my emotions, but you make me feel a lot of things at once and it's confusing in a good way." She responded.

"You're welcome." I said in sincerity as my hand moved forward and pushed back some of her hair behind her ear. This was still all too surreal for me.

"But I can't stay long." She added. "I have to return to Kyoto soon."

"You're going back?" I asked. That took me by surprise.

"I have to. There's some things I'll need to work out there." She replied. I could see this was eating away at her, so I nodded.

"That's okay... will I see you again?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yes. I'll be back after a few months." She replied. There was a solemn silence that hung in the air as I took into account the fact that she was going to disappear for a while.

"I'll wait then." I answered finally. She gave me a sad smile.

"That means more than you can imagine." She replied as she stood on the tip of her toes to place one more soft kiss on my lips, before pulling away. "I've got to go now." She whispered a hairs length away from me.

"Okay." I whispered back. I watched her as she pulled away completely and made it towards my open window. Before she could climb on to the edge, I grabbed her arm and pulled her into me for one more kiss. "I'm sorry," I whispered when I finally let her go, "I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that I can openly do this... and now you're going..." I trailed off.

"It's okay." She whispered, before finally slipping out of my grasps and climbing out into the edge of the windowsill. "I'll catch you later, McGary." She smiled, as sadness flickered across her face.

"See you around, Rein." I replied, offering one last sad smile back.

Rein's POV
I pulled myself up onto the top ledge of the balcony before jumping onto the fire escape that scaled the side of the building. Once I made it onto the roof, I was welcomed by Genji and 3 more members of the Black Lotus. Each one bowed to me as I stood beside Genji at the edge of the building, looking out into the city.

"You spoke with lover boy?" He asked me.

"Yes." I replied, giving him a look.

"What did you tell him?"

"That I was going back to Kyoto."

"Good. You need to disappear for a while." He nodded, before we both turned towards the three other members.

"What's the first order of business, boss?" Yao asked. He was the shortest of the three men, but he was built strong.

"We're going to tear apart Shan Yu's business from here in New York... Words out he's started a new cargo business out from New York's shipping ports. Then I'm going to put a dagger through his good eye." All three men remained silent as they gave me a firm nod, but Genji turned to me slightly.

"There is a quote that stems from the words of Confucius... when embarking on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. Are you prepared for that, Rein?" He asked. I could see the concern run through his eyes... but the anger that was coursing through my veins overlooked it.

"He killed our father, Genji. I'm ready to go to those extremes. The only question left is, are you?" I asked.

"If this is what you wish for, consider it done." Genji replied. I gave him a nod, before crouching and opening up my black case Genji had laid down for me. I pulled out the documents Naoko had given me.

"Holy shit." Genji whispered as he caught sight of what was underneath the files. I closed the case before he could see anything else. There were enclosed documents in this case about our mother that he wasn't ready to face yet. Things I hadn't been completely honest about...

"First, we need to locate two more members of the Black Lotus. Father had a debt to settle. It was one request I promised I would honor." I explained, as I turned and handed the file to Genji before he passed it on.

"What did these men do?" Genji asked, turning back to me.

"I think they killed our mother." I replied.

To be continued...
----------------------------------
Guys 😭😭😭😭 it's overrrrrrrrrr....

For now ofcourse (;

I just want to thank everybody that picked up this story. Thank you so much for all the reads and comments. Y'all are just fureal the greatest ❤❤❤

I have posted yet another story to keep things rolling with the fairytale retellings. If you guys recall, a while back I started writing a Cinderella retelling, but I pulled the story because I wasn't happy with it.

Well guess who revised the shit out of it 💁🏾

The first chapter has now been posted with this chapter, so here's the synopsis for you... go ahead and check it out if it interests you (:

"The greatest risk any of us will take is to be seen as we are."
                                                -Cinderella, Cinderella
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jail time, community service, and... Dance lessons?

For 19 year old Alex, she did not foresee herself getting arrested for illegal street racing- or maybe she did, considering she'd been racing cars since the age of 15.

What she didn't foresee was having to choose between jail time, and community service at a prestige ballet academy...

And what she most definitely didn't foresee was falling in love with the CEO's son.