Chapter 10: The name

"Can't we just wait a day to decide?"

Qiang asked to give his opinion about making him a stage name.

"Nope! Any suggestions maids?" (Brynhild)

"I have!" (Maid 3)

"Then tell us." (Brynhild)

"Acelle" (Maid 3)

"Oh that's a nice name and it's suits great!" (Brynhild)

"Don't decide for yourselves..." (Qiang)

"Maids prepare the posters! Make everything spectacular!!" (Brynhild)

"Hey! Don't decide for yourselves! It's my name let me give MY opinion!" (Qiang)

""""Your opinion is not needed.""""

Brynhild and the three maids burst out all as one.

"It's still my name..."

Brynhild and the three maids had stopped listening to him so Qiang reluctantly gave up on the urge to call himself the female name that first came up in his head. The four other people were in thier own world while he was kept out.

"Can you at least tell me what my reward is?" (Qiang)

Brynhild looked up over the three maids at Qiang.

"Of course you get some of the things needed for this mission and it will be your possession from now on. Here we have a Power Disguise Scroll and a Name Disguise Scroll, both have unlimited uses as long as they aren't destroyed. You can find more info on them."

Brynhild handed Qiang two scrolls as the maids dispersed, once again revealing his tiny build now standing on the desk. He had an embarrassed face as he coughed two times and carefully climbed down.

"There are other rewards to get of course."
Brynhild said and a quest window showed up in front of Qiang.

Quest: A performance on a big day
The town Lord Brynhild has asked you to perform at the towns festival in one week. You have to successfully show the town your power and talents. The quest has been accepted and can't be taken back.

Difficulty: C
Reward: One Power Disguise Scroll, one Name Disguise Scroll and 10 gold. + 5000 exp.

10 gold was considered a fortune in these early stages of the game as 10 gold was equal to 100 silvers or 1000 coppers and the average player owned at most 500 coppers, which was already considered pretty wealthy.

Qiang didn't regret his choice to accept the quest as this as a pretty easy quest for him. It perfectly suited his abilities even thou it hurt his pride a little bit that he had to transform into a woman.

While Qiang was looking at the quest window Brynhild and the three maids had already made a poster that they were satisfied with and the three maids hastily went out to put them up. The speed at which Brynhild and the three maids had done this was simply absurd.

As the three maids left the room Yuikarie arrived accompanied by commander Richard.

"Hello Mr.Town Lord! Are you done? If you are please let me take Qiang-kun with me..."

Yuikarie had said so cheerfully until she suddenly stopped in the middle of her sentence.

"Um where is Qiang-kun? I thought I could feel his presence in here and I actually still do but... I can't see him."

'What a frightening girl! We pretty much met today and she can already recognize my presence.'

Qiang thought this as he stared at Yuikarie as she noticed his gaze. She quickly approached him and in the next moment her eyes shined as she jumped onto Qiang and they both fell down on the floor. Her eyes continued to shine as she was on top of Qiang. He was still in his female from and it would be really hard to recognize his current presence with his original as he was even disguised as a different race.

"Qiang here you were!! Why did you hide like that? I almost took you as someone else!"

"Ugh... please get off me... you are heavy."

"You calling a lady heavy?! Hmph! You will never get a wife like this! Well at least you said please so I guess it is somewhat okay. At least this time! Next time there will be no remorse!"

Yuikarie stood up and lightly brushed of the dust on her armor with her hands with an angry look on her face. Behind Yuikarie stood now Richard and Brynhild talking with each other about some seemingly important matters. Both of them seem to have forgotten about the presence of Qiang and Yuikarie in the room. Qiang dispelled his mimic skill and looked at Yuikarie.

"How did you recognize that it was me?"

"Didn't you listen to me? It's your presence, presence! Well it's true that if it was someone else it would be impossible for them to see through your disguise but since I'm of the Gumiho race it is so much easier for me! After all we the Gumiho are also experts in disguise even thou a tiny bit inferior to your race. If you compare my racial disguise skill with your racial disguise skill then you can see why mine is inferior. While your gives you the ability to disguise as someone/something for as long as you want and as long as you have sufficient info about the race he/she belongs to, mine can only stay activated for a certain amount of time while I only need to look once to be able to grasp what's needed to disguise."

"That's it?"

"Yeah... Well, actually, I could see it in your eyes too. Even thou we haven't been together for so long I still could tell. To me you are sometimes like an open book."

""You two are a couple?""

Brynhild and Richard suddenly asked at the same time. Qiang quickly answered.

"No, no you misunderstood. We actually only met today so there's no way we can be a couple."

"But there is such a thing as love at first sight you know. Also even thou you aren't a couple at the moment you may become in the future." (Brynhild)

"Hmm... I'm okay being Qiang-kun's girlfriend. After all Qiang-kun is handsome, cute and kind. I wouldn't be against marrying him either!" (Yuikarie)

Brynhild, Richard and Qiang looked at her then Qiang walked towards the door.

"Anyway time for us to go. Richard will you be coming with us?"

"No, I'll be speaking with the town lord about some important matters so go without me."

"Sure. Yuikarie let's go."

"Eeeh, call me Yui instead."

"Just go."

"Fine."

Qiang and Yuikarie left the Lord's mansion and went towards the inn.