I never expected this

All it took was to see the way he treated her for me to break. I didn't even bother checking to see if the door was open but I kicked it in with my foot. Running over to her side I tackled Brody to the ground and climbed on top of him before I began punching him in the face. I didn't stop hitting until I heard Hermione's groan of pain. When I stopped I saw he was unconscious. I crawled across the floor to Hermione's side and pulled her into my arms.

"Are you okay?" I said in a panicked voice. Her face was already swelling.

I got quickly to my feet and brought Hermione into my arms. The piece of garbage behind me began groaning as he was coming to. Without a second glance we headed out of the house and to my car.

"What happened in there?" I asked Hermione as we parked outside my place.

"I don't want to talk about it" she whispered.

"Do you want me to take you home?"

"No... no no please no I can't let my parents see me like this. Please Draco, I'm sorry don't make me go I want to stay with you."

I felt as my heart fluttered and felt alive again. Without another word I helped her into the house. She sat on the couch while I made her some tear. I handed it to her and watched her lift the cup to her lips with a shaky hand.

"You are living in the muggle world?" She said, I took it as a question.

I nodded my head and smiled at her. "Yeah, I haven't used magic in over a month." I said in a proud voice.

"I honestly don't know how you do it, I've been carrying my wand with me since I got here. It just comes as first nature to me." she admitted.

"I thought mine might be a temptation so I left it at home by my bed."

I watched Hermione staring at the floor in a state of what seemed to be deep thought.

"Draco, why did you come here?" she asked me.

"The day you left I decided right that moment that I wanted you in my life whether it be us living as muggles or us as witch and wizard, I just knew I wanted you."

Hermione's face smiled, the light bruises stretching with it. "I never ment anything I said to you that day at the manor. I love you with all my heart and you were right, I need to do what makes me happy. You and the magical world makes me happy and I am ready to go back."

I was confused, happy but confused. "Are you sure you don't want to finish your school year here?"

Her face scrunched up as she let the thought cross her mind. "I'd like that, as long as you are okay with it."

"Honestly love, I am all for it. I won't lie I love the muggle experience but I am thinking to change it up a bit."

"What do you mean?" she asked me, I saw the curiosity plastered all over her face.

"I am thinking that we move back to the Manor once our schooling is done and stay here during the school days."

"I think that is possible."

I felt like I had just won the lottery. The girl I loved was mine and it seemed like we had the happy ended we deserved, the only catch was the ending had yet to come. I felt as if the sun finally came out after the hurricane and the future was clear for those strong enough to do whatever it took to survive. In my future I saw myself with Hermione and a few children running around the house. I was excited as if I was a small child locked in a toy store for the night.

"I love you Draco" Hermione said, her voice velvety as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

I kissed her as I brought my arms around her. "As I love you."