Unexpected

Harry, Hermione and I headed out of the small closet that we took refuge in. It was silent which was at the time eerie.

"Where is everyone?" Hermione asked.

I pulled her close to my side as we listened for sounds of life. Two people, a professor and student were carrying a cot with a limp body into the Great Hall. I looked at Harry who nodded before we followed after them.

I opened the doors and allowed them to pass before I followed. All around were bodies, most of them I immeadiately recognized because I happen to have went to school with them. I wasn't until I paid close attention to them did I realized that one half of the room was holding the bodies of students, teachers and teachers and the other half was bodies of death eaters.

Harry and Hermione went to join the Weasley family who was grieving over Ron. I watched from a distance as Mrs. Weasley pulled him into a hug before doing the same to Hermione. Both his twin brothers and his sister were knelt down beside his body.

My eyes flittered towards the pile of death eaters before I walked over to Hermione's side. I didn't even want to know if my mother and father were part of the neglected pile. I placed my arms on Hermione's shoulders and rubbed them soothingly as she cried.

I looked to my left where Harry had just been only to notice he was gone.

'Hermione" I whispered in her ear "Harry is missing."

She wiped her eyes quickly and looked around her. We walked several feet away before she spoke, probably to be respectful of Rons moment of silence.

"Where did he go? Did you see him?" she asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"No I mean he was right beside me and then he was gone."

"Do you think he gave himself up" She asked me.

"I don't know, maybe I mean Ron was his best friend."

I looked around the room and felt as if I shrank into myself. There were so many innocent lives that had been lost. I took Hermione's hand and led her to the grand stair case outside the Great Hall to get away from all the dead bodies. We sat at the bottom steps and I held her in my arms. Over 45 minutes of silence passed by and someone shouted.

"Guys watch out!" I heard Harry yell.

I looked up at him and he was pointing in our direction. Slowly I turned my head in time to see a large snake -who I recognized as Voldemorts companion- slithering towards us with its mouth wide open. I turned my back towards the snake to shield Hermione from the certain death that was to come. From the corner of my eye I saw a glint of silver and then I heard some shout. I turned my head to see Neville slice through the snakes neck with a long sword.

I can't believe that just happened! I mean Neville Longbottom saved my life and more importantly saved the life of the woman I loved. I was in debt to him. He walked over and with his free hand helped me to my feet and then Hermione.

"That was a close one yeah" he said before he walked away talking about feeling like he could breath fire and something about Luna.

I touched Hermione's face before pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. I let my eyes soak up the beautiful image that was her face. I was mesmirized until Harry walked past us towards the castle doors. Turning away from Hermione I grabbed his arm.

"Where do you think you are going?" I asked him

"The forest, I have to surrender myself to Voldermort I have no choice, Dumbledore said it had to end this way."

"Dumbledore is dead" I replied to him.

"Snape, he showed me all his memories in the pensieve. He was never bad he was always on Dumbledores side. He even loved..." Harry began before he seemed to decide against finishing his sentence. "Never mind that, but I am a horcrux he never ment to make me. I have no choice to die."

"Screw that, do you hear yourself no choice! You have a choice stay." I begged him.

I was starting to scare myself, over the past week I had bonded close to Harry and Ron, they felt like old friends. Rons death did something to me, and now I couldn't stand the idea of losing another friend. Maybe it was Hermione, maybe I didn't want him to die too because it would hurt her terribly and I couldn't stand to see her hurting. All I know for certain was that I didn't want him dying on us.

"I have to go, once I'm gone then there will only be Voldermort. If you tag team him with Death curses he will lose, he can't duel everyone at once." He finished, taking two steps back.

Harry looked at me with a serious look on his face.

"Take care of Hermione for me, she is like a sister to me."

He walked forward and took her from my arms and bringing her into a hug. Tears practically ran down Hermione's face as she said goodbye. Without another word Harry walked from the castle.

"Draco" she cried as she moved to cry in my arms.

I wrapped my arms around her and began rubbing her back.

"I know, I know I am sorry." I whispered before I moved with her back into a sitting position at the bottom of the stairs.

I have no idea how long we sat there but it felt like ages. I wondered, worried about how Harry was doing. I was going through a series of emotions, I mean Harry and myself used to be enemies and now I cared about him. What the bloody hell was going on?