Chapter 9 [TWINS] - The Night of THE INCIDENT

THE INCIDENT

''You really suck at this, you know, Finn.''

The two of them were lazing around on the sofa, completely drunk, leaning against each other for support, while they played a racing game (or tried to), after several hours of binge watching Anime.

''You were named after a cartoon dog, your opinion has no value.''

''Could have been worse, could have been Simon''

Same old jibe, same old reply. The familiarity of it always felt strangely comforting to the both of them.

Finn gave a deep sigh.

''Are we really, actually, like, slowly becoming this anime stereotype-thing we've got going,? You know - overly funny trickster twins, who are way too close and openly flirt with each other as a joke, so everyone thinks they're secretly making out? And wo constantly complete-''

''-each others sentences?''

Finn nodded in approval. They had practised that one sentence since they were 5.
By now it had become their private running gag.

''Right. Would you want to be those people for real, someday?''

''I dunno, you want to be?''

Finn lost another round, and sighing, put his head in Jake's lap.

''I dunno man. I guess I could pull it off, but I don't think you're particularly funny, dude, no offense.''

''I'm cool. What about the making out bit?'', Jake asked dryly, meaning it to be a joke, but his Vodka-filled mind strangely intrigued by the thought.

''I dunno man. I usually don't do guys so far beneath my level. I'm totally the hotter one of the two of us, after all.'' Finn grinned
''And don't try the 'we're identical twins' bullshit on me. I'm like, way outta your league, really.''

''Lol, sure you are''

Jake drunkenly looked down at his brother, who looked back up at him, his head still snuggled into Jake's lap.
Their eyes met, and they held each others gaze, studying each other for a long moment, as the mood shifted slightly, grew suddenly, unexpectedly intense.

''Thought.. you weren't into dudes, Jay.''

Finn's heart was pounding.

This is insane, his drunken brain screamed at him. Scandalous. Forbidden. Exciting.

And hot as hell.

''Might just fancy trying something new, is all'', Jake carefully admitted, his cheeks growing hot.

''Yea'', Finn said, just as slowly, ''You never know until you try, after all..''

Ever so slowly, his eyes never leaving Finn's, Jake bend down, and kissed his brother.